I fly in every lucid dream.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
littlecave

I fly in every lucid dream.

Postby littlecave » 15 Feb 2015 17:09

Last night I dreamed I was in some kind of "community," if you will. I did not want to be there and soon realized that the people in charge were very bad. They wouldn't let me leave. I kept trying and trying to escape but with no success. I was making pretty good progress on leaving and went into a trailer. I walked around and then went out the back door. As soon as I got onto the back porch I realized I was dreaming. Instantly, everything became clearer. The sun was brighter, the grass was more vivid. As is the case any time I realize I am dreaming I begin to fear I would forget again or wake up. I wanted to keep remembering I was dreaming so I climbed off the porch and begin to walk around the back yard. I said "I am having a lucid dream" out loud and was surprised I could talk so clearly. Most of the time when I realize I am dreaming I try to fly and this was no exception. I floated up into the sky but could not manage to stay there long. I wanted to exercise my control but it seemed very hard to make anything happen. I contemplated a few things to do, like, make someone appear. Instead I walked back to where the bad people who were keeping me "prisoner" were and told them I dreaming. They denied this, naturally. I told them I would prove it by flying through the ceiling. I did, and then forgot I was dreaming again. I rarely wake up after a lucid dream, I just slip back into the dream, forgetting I am dreaming.

Alvar

Re: I fly in every lucid dream.

Postby Alvar » 19 Feb 2015 05:32

littlecave wrote:Last night I dreamed I was in some kind of "community," if you will. I did not want to be there and soon realized that the people in charge were very bad. They wouldn't let me leave. I kept trying and trying to escape but with no success. I was making pretty good progress on leaving and went into a trailer. I walked around and then went out the back door. As soon as I got onto the back porch I realized I was dreaming. Instantly, everything became clearer. The sun was brighter, the grass was more vivid. As is the case any time I realize I am dreaming I begin to fear I would forget again or wake up. I wanted to keep remembering I was dreaming so I climbed off the porch and begin to walk around the back yard. I said "I am having a lucid dream" out loud and was surprised I could talk so clearly. Most of the time when I realize I am dreaming I try to fly and this was no exception. I floated up into the sky but could not manage to stay there long. I wanted to exercise my control but it seemed very hard to make anything happen. I contemplated a few things to do, like, make someone appear. Instead I walked back to where the bad people who were keeping me "prisoner" were and told them I dreaming. They denied this, naturally. I told them I would prove it by flying through the ceiling. I did, and then forgot I was dreaming again. I rarely wake up after a lucid dream, I just slip back into the dream, forgetting I am dreaming.

I also have the impulse to fly when I become lucid but lately have told myself not to do it because I feel this is the part when I lose control -- I can't regulate the speed or the height, sometimes can't "land" or I get too excited and wake up. Is that a common experience? I wonder what other dreamers here think. I've come to think that the flight simulation thing just requires too much mental energy and forces me to wake up. So, lately, I'm just walking...

Doors

Re: I fly in every lucid dream.

Postby Doors » 27 Feb 2015 12:37

Rather than flying I tend to float above everything else and land safely, like jumping in a low gravity environment. I've never flown like superman in any recent dream of mine. I like your idea, I never tried to prove that I am dreaming to my dream characters either. I am going to try that in my next dream, it would be an interesting outcome, but staying asleep would be very challenging for me since it would break down the entire scenario of the dream.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”