Lucid dream IN a dream?? (dreamception!)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
georgebnyr

Lucid dream IN a dream?? (dreamception!)

Postby georgebnyr » 17 Feb 2015 01:12

Hey guys this is my first post. The dream i had the other night prompted me to join a forum and share it :D :D . So first, I had a false awakening, and then i realized it was still too early to get up, so i decided to go back to sleep in hopes of a lucid dream (keep in mind i am dreaming at this point). As i fall asleep, i am transported into a place i think was a deli. After i purchased something, I told the cashier something like "...(something i forgot) because I'm dreaming", and then realized i was dreaming. I tried to demand clarity but failed. everything became fuzzy and i woke up from the inner dream. After i woke up (still dreaming), i remember getting up and sharing my lucid dream story to my family. Then i REALLY woke up. I don't think I was actually lucid, just my dream self thinking it was. Thoughts? :?: :?:

Celt

Re: Lucid dream IN a dream?? (dreamception!)

Postby Celt » 17 Feb 2015 20:37

Dream within a dream? Thats interesting. I might try that later. Maybe I will dream for 50 years, I just hope my ex wife isn't down there! :shock:

Sil

Postby Sil » 25 Feb 2015 07:22

Believe it or not, my first lucid dream was within a non lucid dream.

I dreamed that I went to sleep on my couch after being bothered by my family. I then dreamed that I was standing in my kitchen. I walked over to my front door (which has a large window in the center) and saw a dark figure hunched over in my front yard.

The figure charged at me, and after a brief struggle to shut the door, I locked it and panickingly preformed a reality check. At first, the reality check failed, but after a moment, I was able to push my fingers through my palm, and realized I was dreaming.

I later "woke up" from the dream and began talking to my sister and friend about the dream while writing it down in my dream journal. I was about half way done journaling the dream when I woke up for real, upset because now I had to start writing it down all over again.

In hindsight, it was funny, but I definitely didn't think it was very humorous at the time. Dreams can be real jerks sometimes. :P

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » 16 Mar 2015 07:53

My first lucid dream was in a non-lucid dream too!! This is probably because you don't have the same effects of forgetting that you went to sleep as you do in real life. I dreamt that my mum woke me up and told me that she was leaving the house, and then i went back to sleep and realised I was dreaming. The only problem was my eyes were open what I think was my non-lucid dream. This meant I had strange double vision in my lucid dream, making it hard to control things. I then woke up and walked out of my room, and called out to my mum, but my voice was incredibly weak. I was confused at this, and then woke up again. Odd how the layers of dream are maintained; you can't skip from a dream within a dream to real life (unless you're woken up by an alarm or something)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”