Cannot become lucid after doing a reality check in my dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
cuzcats

Cannot become lucid after doing a reality check in my dream

Postby cuzcats » 17 Feb 2015 01:49

My problem is when I am dreaming, I will unconsciously shout "I'm dreaming!" Or do a reality check and I won't become lucid. I have had about 3 dreams now where I literally say "I'm dreaming" in my dream and I don't become lucid. I've also done a reality check in a dream (looking at the clock) and I did not become lucid then either. It's really frustrating because I feel like I am on the verge of getting a lucid dream, but I just will not become lucid.

Anyone know how to fix this? :\

(I'm also new to this forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section)

Parap

Re: Cannot become lucid after doing a reality check in my dr

Postby Parap » 17 Feb 2015 05:55

Think of it like... when you're eating a meal. Do you actually say to yourself and really believe, and really think about the fact that you are eating? Probably not, you just eat. It's kindof the same principle, you have to actually think about dreaming because otherwise it's just a word. When you do reality checks you have to really expect that this could be a dream, that your world could not be real. This becomes easier over time, i've found. But yeah i had a similar problem a few weeks ago and I was getting really frustrated on the verge of giving up then I had an awesome lucid dream just a few nights later so don't lose hope!! it will happen for you i promise

taniaaust1

Re: Cannot become lucid after doing a reality check in my dr

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Feb 2015 16:00

Its a tough one. You may be doing the reality checks with no waking mind present when you do them.

If this keeps failing you may need to try a whole different method of triggering off a LD eg WILD where a person isnt loosing awareness at all (hence you wont then need to wake up consciously) but rather entering into the dream fully conscious.

Anyway, dont give up yet if this hasnt been happening for several months with you being unsuccessful.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”