moon as clock

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
missy

moon as clock

Postby missy » 18 Feb 2015 00:26

I realized by accident (again) that I was dreaming. This time it had a vividness/3D. (My first one was more like a movie). Anyway, Ya, I'm new also. Well, This one was quite um, quick and unreal, (by unreal I mean real). It started out I was riding a motorcycle, I don't even own a motorcycle.
I pulled up to a building, I don't know where or what.
I tried to put it on the stand; but, I could do it, finally I got it to stay up on it own.
I got off the motorcycle and I noticed the chain on the motorcycle spocket? :? when I did. I reach down to touch it because it looked so real. When I did. It fell of the sprocket. :shock: I realized. :shock: This is a dream :shock: I looked around and I saw horizon to horizon fields of grass, I guess grass. It was green but dark green, I could see the green in/on the ground. rolling hills. It was dusk/dawn. The sky was dark blue. My vision started getting blurry on the peripheral of my vision, (both sides) and the blurriness started moving inward. I felt like something was happening. I did not want the dream to end, so I started trying to look around to get rid of the approaching blurriness. all the sudden I saw the moon in the sky, except it was a clock. Not a digital; but, a regular clock. It had no hands, just the numbers, the face of a clock with no hands. It was silver/white with black numbers w/ no hands. Up in the sky that was dark blue, the sky seemed to illuminated by the light of the clock moon. By the light of the clock moon. (sounds like a song, "by the light of the silverery clock moon"). ha ha

HAGART

Re: moon as clock

Postby HAGART » 18 Feb 2015 01:15

Although you don't ride a motorbike in real life, I'm sure you have ridden plenty of bicycles. You were probably moving around in the dream without walking and where almost lucid already which formed the 'bike'. Then you realized you were dreaming, and your mind made sense of it. (I must be riding a bike that moves on it's own), and what is the best example of that based on your memories of bicycles? A motor bike. Ask yourself what it truly looked like in the dream and I bet it was an amalgamation.

You knew you were dreaming and good going, noticing your vision change and notice the fine details like that in your peripheral vision. I think that may have been because you were close to waking up.

I bet it was at a time when you were close to waking up, and deep down, you may have wondered what time it was, as we most do when we first wake up. That would explain the clock in the sky that took the form of the moon.

With the details I got from you, that is my attempt at a dream interpretation. As you will here constantly, I need to disclaim that I am no expert, and just giving my two cents for what it's worth.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 19 Feb 2015 21:13

The motorcycle is a good thing. It means that you travel on two feet. This refers to the fact that there are two and only two primitive branches of reasoning, of language. You apparently like first hand experience with what is said. You got to a point on solid feet, two solid means of transportation, but your examinations are destroying that fact. You cannot, of your own, resolve a conflict between them. You are looking for help. This method of traveling is what powers you through your environment.

the moon, is a prophet. During the famine of the word, or the night time of man, the prophet reflects the light of the sun, therefore, it has no hands. Hands represent human will, what you can do. It is a reminder also, that the relationship between both branches of reasoning, through all time, only reflect the light, they have no hands, no will of their own. In reality, these two means of traveling through life is the real prophet. Many metaphors actually point to a single concept.

The fact that the chain came off the sprocket when you looked at it, means that you are having doubts between what powers the wheels. You cannot, by yourself, figure out the relationship between them, you do not understand how they stand on their own, and in pairs, Logic and Analogic, words and experience. In order to change your condition, you just might have to take a good look at the moon.

Now, don't become confused with religion as you know it. The metaphors of the Judeo-Christian Book actually all have biological and factual origins.

Lucid Dreams are an analog language. To learn about the principles of language and why it is what it is, you might rummage through some of my work, that is, if you have the time and are really want a hint.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=johnclark8659&sort=-publicdate

Many people arrive at lucid dreaming through a rational process, but the experiences make them question the whole foundation of their psychology. And, many cannot resolve the conflict.

Your experience was no accident. You were being told what you need to know, and how to solve the conflict. But pay careful attention. What language branch were you told with? Lucid Dreams are analogical. Analogic. The entire power of logic, of common grammar, of reasoning and of mind, comes from your ability to simply say what you see. To abstract the similar idea in the many examples. This does not change no matter how difficult it gets, and is true through all time and space.
In our waking life, we have to use it all day long. And, we can increase that power through practicing in the Lucid Dream state, however, you may come to realize, that it has a teacher specifically for you.

The single wheel that is powered by the engine is analogic, the other gets its power from it. Together they stand as one. Many people never arrive at that metaphor in their lessons because they are not yet ready to comprehend it. Many have it, but do not know what to make of it. You are never taught the power of analogic in school, nor that both branches of reasoning are interdependent, for example, logic guides your path, but without analogic, it has no power.

Now that you know something of the relationship between language branches, perhaps you will understand why the language of choice for more advanced intelligence is analogic. Most people believe that the ability to turn a powerless wheel in any direction is arguing, that is logic. I have to laugh at that.

Another fault you should be aware of, You mind does not teach your mind. Secondly, language, in of itself, has no meaning. Meaning is an act of will. It is what your teacher means to convey to you.

There are two fundamentally distinct methods of teaching also. If you have ever read the Platonic Dialogs, Plato, for the most part does not tell you what to think, he does show you the connections, and it is up to the reader to find the path, quite the opposite of Aristotle. For example, you may have been told that in the Republic, Plato created his version of a Utopia, but if one actually paid attention to what was said, and what the goal was, he created the worst hell he could imagine. I knew it made me sick. To put the best of people in the worst situation imaginable such that gods and men would not suspect it. Plato admitted he did not fool the gods, but history has proven, he did fool man. The greatest protector of wealth is one who can steal it right in front of your face. Listen to the dialog. He wrote it to demonstrate where justice resides in any society, and he did it, the reader themselves. A masterpiece. It goes unrecognized today as the greatest Greek tragedy ever written, and it was written in the history of mankind, just like the Judeo-Christian Scripture.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 05 Mar 2015 05:14

I have read references to dream images of the full moon as being a metaphor for for the reflective mind, which is able to observe and analyse many aspects of thought and emotion.

Years ago, I had a dramatic dream about being caught up in a great flood, (I was experiencing a "flood" of challenging emotions during that period of my life).
Floating serenely in the dark sky above this troubling dream scene was a shining full moon. When I awoke, I had a "gut" feeling that this moon symbolized a wise, stable, reflective part of my mind, calming observing the anxious aspects of my dream mind.

In some writings by the psychiatrist Carl Jung, dream images of an analog clock face are suggested to represent a form of a circular mandala, a symbol of the deep, wise, awareness, the Higher Self, which organizes the psyche and subtly guides the individual's life patterns. If a dream contains a clock with hands approaching 11 or 12 o'clock, this might symbolize that the time of some important event may be in the near future.

I'm not sure what a clock with numbers but no hands may represent. - Perhaps something to do with a feeling that the forward energy of life events is somehow being impaired?

Regarding the motorcycle chain - the function of the chain is to transfer power from the (hidden) combustion in the engine to the outer world drive wheel. If this chain fell off of the dream motorcycle, perhaps this is a metaphor for a problem with moving some aspect of life energy from its deep source out into productive manifestation in daily life.

Or perhaps the awareness behind the dreaming simply created this sudden, unexpected action to stimulate the practice of lucidity in the dream.

Best wishes - jasmine2

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 06 Mar 2015 20:55

jasmine2 wrote:Years ago, I had a dramatic dream about being caught up in a great flood, (I was experiencing a "flood" of challenging emotions during that period of my life).

Actually, I would suspect that the image is one that you are told what it means, in the JCS.

Many nations, people.

And, also, Moses parting the waters.
It symbolizes mankind, in his current state of development, or rather, human psychology.
You live immersed in a world culture that you subjectively identify with. The moon, is that which reflects the light during the darkness of mankind. The Moon is a prophet, but then, you misunderstand what that even means, because of your enculturation.

It may have been a prophecy about you. So, it was not for the moment, but would come to pass at some point in your life.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2015 01:24

The problem with dream interpretation is that there is no concrete answer that satisfies all people. If you were an astronaut who went to the moon 30 years ago and long for adventure again in your life, the moon in your dream would have an entirely different meaning. If you have a telescope and are mapping the moon in your back yard as an amature astronomer that too would make a difference. If you are a fisherman who relies on the tides, that will affect the meaning in your dream as well.

The context in which an event or object occurs in a dream is important too. What happened just before or after seeing the moon as a clock should be taken into account. Or a flood, or any other occurrence in a dream. It's not so simple.

Only the dreamer can decide the meaning and even then they are guessing.

That's why I hardly ever do dream interpretations (except my own), but felt like taking a stab at this one. I'm saying you're ALL wrong! But so am I. ;)

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 07 Mar 2015 02:14

HAGART wrote:The problem with dream interpretation is that there is no concrete answer that satisfies all people. If you were an astronaut who went to the moon 30 years ago and long for adventure again in your life, the moon in your dream would have an entirely different meaning. If you have a telescope and are mapping the moon in your back yard as an amature astronomer that too would make a difference. If you are a fisherman who relies on the tides, that will affect the meaning in your dream as well.

The context in which an event or object occurs in a dream is important too. What happened just before or after seeing the moon as a clock should be taken into account. Or a flood, or any other occurrence in a dream. It's not so simple.

Only the dreamer can decide the meaning and even then they are guessing.

That's why I hardly ever do dream interpretations (except my own), but felt like taking a stab at this one. I'm saying you're ALL wrong! But so am I. ;)

I would agree with you except, analog language is demonstrable, not only the Basic Analog Mathematics I have been demonstrating, but demonstrating the principles of language itself. I will grant you this, the human race is very, very young in its ability to comprehend analog language. I have, however, found that just like Logic, such as common grammar, there are universal symbols, and symbols particular to one's own experience.
One can find universal symbols mentioned in the JCS, personal ones, no one can comprehend, generally, save the person themselves. And also like logic, one can only comprehend it to their own ability to see the similar idea in the many examples.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2015 03:21

If you're talking about Carl Jung's Collective Unconscious and Archetypes, I agree. There is a blueprint upon which we are all based. How far does it go, and when does personal experience take over? It's a very fine line.

I do believe dreams are almost entirely metaphor, and in fact, deep down, every thought is, as you say, analogic, before it is ever put into words.

I actually agree with you, I think, Philosopher. We just speak different languages when we try to express our thoughts on a computer with these things called, 'words'.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 07 Mar 2015 03:41

HAGART wrote:If you're talking about Carl Jung's Collective Unconscious and Archetypes, I agree. There is a blueprint upon which we are all based. How far does it go, and when does personal experience take over? It's a very fine line.

I do believe dreams are almost entirely metaphor, and in fact, deep down, every thought is, as you say, analogic, before it is ever put into words.

I actually agree with you, I think, Philosopher. We just speak different languages when we try to express our thoughts on a computer with these things called, 'words'.

I speak from personal experience. At one point, I was asking question and getting answers I could not possible have.

Analog comes from analogy.
I am still working on ironing it all out. However, if you want to see the relation ship between logos and analogos
https://archive.org/details/AUniversalLanguage

The essay The Truth of It. You will be shown how it follows from the foundation of language itself.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2015 05:42

This is not quite off tangent for this thread because I believe it's all connected and always worth while if the discussion is informative.

I prefer simple ways to explain things. I feel this video is a great way to explain what I'm talking about, and I think, you as well. This might be very dumbed down for you Philosopher, since you and your writings are over my Sesame Street head. I feel this sums up what you have been trying to say in a clever 'explanimation':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wAtQm4bNI&index=24&list=PLuz7RUvtFdHKi4BiJTyvCS1pFgBsfHlLI

- "New Scientist"

Return to “Dream Interpretation”