Differentiating between Lucid Dreaming and the Out Of Body?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Differentiating between Lucid Dreaming and the Out Of Body?

Postby dreamstudent » 18 Feb 2015 03:12

How can we as a select few who can even become conscious in our dreams, even a select few who just remember our dreams tell the difference between a lucid dream and a so called "out of body" state, are they different or just one in the same?

I personally think there is only being conscious while in the REM (dream) state, I'd like to hear others opinions though!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Differentiating between Lucid Dreaming and the Out Of Bo

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Feb 2015 16:10

This comes up a lot. Some of us think of them being different due to our own experiences of the two things being completely different.. eg dreaming is dreaming eg via dreaming you cant interact with the real world. I think most would agree that the dream world is just a world of your own creation. With an OBE thou one can have interactions with others or real things... find things out about the real physical world throu its astral counterplane etc.

Just like you can daydream while fully awake.. one can also start dreaming while in an OBE state. So they can also intermingle some too. One can also dream they are having an OBE so end up thinking they may of had one. All these things cause confusion around the two states and I think is why many end up thinking they are the same.

I always say to people to test it out. For example have someone in advance put someone on a high up cupboard in which you cant at all see. Then next time a person believes they are having an OBE and up floating by the ceiling, float over to the high cupboard and check out what the other put there. If you are having an OBE, you should be able to see the astral counterpart of the object which will look real to you. Then wake yourself up or bring yourself out of the OBE state and go and take a look to see if you were correct.

Many who do astral projection, have had experiences which prove to us that we arent just dreaming (and the experiences can feel slightly different thou thou its quite subtle).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Evacarey

Postby Evacarey » 20 Feb 2015 20:10

Dreams and out-of-body encounters are not the same thing, despite the fact that they impart certain likenesses. For example, both are conditions of cognizance that are not the same as an attentive state. Despite the fact that realists accept that an out-of-body experience is simply a clear dream, individuals that help dualism accept that an out-of-body experience happens when your irrelevant personality leaves your physical body. A fantasy is essentially your brain working while your cognizant personality is dormant. On account of a clear dream, your psyche is cognizant that it is imagining. A clear dream can look like an out-of-body involvement as in both states have an ethereal feel to them that is a consequence of contrasting brainwaves from typical awareness.
Sleep Paralysis Stories---> http://sleep-paralysis-info.com

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Feb 2015 07:13

evacarey so what I got is your saying there are two different types of conscious dreaming, and then the guy before you thinks that out of body is real.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 26 Feb 2015 13:51

dreamstudent wrote:How can we as a select few who can even become conscious in our dreams, even a select few who just remember our dreams tell the difference between a lucid dream and a so called "out of body" state, are they different or just one in the same?

I personally think there is only being conscious while in the REM (dream) state, I'd like to hear others opinions though!

Actually, I did examine the so called OOB. What I found was this. No matter how good the OOB appears, and it can rival reality in detail and sensory experience, there were always differences when I returned, woke up, and examined the actual environment.
So, I think the real question is, how aware are you even when awake that one should so easily be misled into what one can easily prove to themselves as something that is only apparent?
The mind has a function to perform, I view this ability to be easily misled as a personal fault.

If one cannot tell the difference between what something is and what they would like it to be, I do not see that as functional.
There are many ways to distract the mind from performing its function. Whatever the source of Lucid Dreams, OOB, visions are, they use a variety of controls to test the individual for their actual ability to discern the truth of their situation. Along with tidbits of actual information, to me it simply appears that it is some kind of school for psychological primitives like we are. Based upon historical evidence, I am leaning towards guided evolution.
Everything I have learned points to testing and providing a means of increasing our mental functionality. One of the great dangers, us being so primitive, the message that is obviously being conveyed can and is often easily lost because we tend not to follow what was said, but are looking for some kind of superhero in our life. Whatever they or it is, this is something they are not interested in.
Despite obvious evidences to the contrary of typical conclusions, people tend to forget the message and seek out the messenger. In psychology, this is a separation between fact and into fiction. Imagine getting a letter, opening it up tossing out the letter and then worshiping the envelope. The message is clear, we, as mind, have a job to do, and we are too young as a species to do it.

There is only one way to tell the difference between any two things. You actually examine each of them. So, why was that so hard to figure out? Lucid Dreams, OOB, Visions, and even the miracles of Christ, are examples of analog language, the foundation of all language itself. Language is the only thing a mind can do. There is a difference between Analogic and Logic, but they are interdependent.

Many people ask, if there is other intelligent life in the Universe, why don't they talk to us? That question makes the assumption that we, in our current state of development, are actually linguistic, when by definition and fact, we are proto-linguistic. It is us who do not have the ability to talk to them.

What could you conclude about a person asking another to work with them, when the person asking was incapable of working to begin with? Or this,

You are trying to teach a chimp to perform a task, do you do it for them, or insist that if they want something, they have to perform the task? The task of the mind is information processing, by universal principles of language for a well defined purpose.

Frankly, the whole situations is discouraging. If the general population cannot even pass the simplest tests, then the more complicated ones, that are real, and in front of their face, they will never get.

From my own experience, the testing is graduated. You do not advance to the next level, until you solve the problem of where you are at. And I do not even play video games. damn.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 26 Feb 2015 19:50

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Feb 2015 04:15

OOBEs are illusions. It's all in your head. Nothing leaves the body. As you said, dreamstudent, just consciousness during REM.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Feb 2015 05:41

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Feb 2015 07:05

this one keeps getting dug up and dusted off. I think that lucid dreams and OBE are occurring in the same place - our minds and they are simply different exit techniques.
As I have said before, many hundreds of WILD are from looking at the darkness in my mind, several thousand DILD are from just working out that I am dreaming and several hundred OBE are just a version of WILD by putting awareness on body parts while attempting a WILD

It appears very real but never is quite the same. the devil is in the detail and if its not the same then it is only an illusion
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Feb 2015 07:21

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”