First Official Lucid Dream

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Eatoncheese

First Official Lucid Dream

Postby Eatoncheese » 18 Feb 2015 20:38

Hello people i have a two lucid dreams in the past my first one i had complete control but i wasn't trying to. Then my second i woke up almost immediately. This third one was very vivid and realistic but i couldn't control anything. I started to disbelieve i was dreaming but then i held my breath and i could feel my lungs fill. I tried to fly that didn't work, i tried to make an apple appear in my hand but that didn't work either. The only thing that sort of worked was me sitting as if there was a chair there but there wasn't.

So i guess what i am asking is how can i gain more dream control?

taniaaust1

Re: First Official Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2015 01:22

You will get better at it with some more experience.

Sometimes there are things are subconsciousness really doesnt want us to do which may be opposite to whatever it wants to express or our normal waking mind blocks us doing things which usually would be impossible in real life as a part of ourselves cant accept us doing them eg I myself cant breath underwater in dreams or I start drowning. The more realistic the dream, the more some of us have that issue.

Lots of us have trouble flying. Flying to the subconsciousness often symbolises being carefree and happy in life etc so the symbolism of it may contradict against what is going on in someones life. Things like that can make it more difficult to do as our normal waking minds are battling against what the subconsciousness wishes to express.

If its just the mind block of "we cant usually fly" going on, some get around the flying issue in dreams by like teaching themselves how to do it in the dream. (think of birds learning to fly or running jumps getting higher or whatever).

As far as trying to manifest an apple in your hand, it may of failed due to how you tried this. Were you holding your hand out looking at your hand while trying to make an apple appear there? That would set it up to fail as its hard for the mind to accept something just appearing in front of us before our eyes as that just dont happen in real life (only very experienced advanced lucid dreamers usually are able to manifest something directly in front of them while looking at the spot).

To get yourself an apple.. try instead reaching into your pocket thinking an apple is there and just pull it out from your pocket or think of it being in some cupboard or somewhere else in your dream setting and then go and look for it there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Eatoncheese

Postby Eatoncheese » 20 Feb 2015 06:59

Thank you after i posted this i did a little research and found a technique.. i had another lucid dream last night and i was able to make the scenery change by imagining it change behind me. What you said about the apple changes a lot because my old test was imagining an apple in my hand to see if i was sleeping i see he major problem with this now :P

I have another problem that i could use help with.
I was able to change the scenery and make an ocean appear and swim in it but the ocean seemed really fake and kind of crude. Also i have been able to summon people and things but they are never exactly what i want. They are also crude and they just look off in general. I assume over time and with practice this will change but if you or anyone else has advise for this kind of thing i would really appreciate it :D

Thanks again.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2015 02:18

Eatoncheese wrote: What you said about the apple changes a lot because my old test was imagining an apple in my hand to see if i was sleeping i see he major problem with this now :P

Yeah, a good example of a reality check doomed to fail for most.

I suggest when beginners are starting out that they use the common reality checks. I come across many beginners at times going "I cant lucid dream" but on questioning them are doing something which is almost completely likely to fail.

Looking at your hand to see if there is any weirdness there with your fingers or hands eg more fingers or putting a finger throu the hand, doing reality checking with clocks or by pinching nose and trying to breath.. are all good reality checks for beginners to try.

There is good reason why so many do these :D (so many people arent all doing these due to a lack of creativity :lol: ).

I was able to change the scenery and make an ocean appear and swim in it but the ocean seemed really fake and kind of crude. Also i have been able to summon people and things but they are never exactly what i want. They are also crude and they just look off in general. I assume over time and with practice this will change but if you or anyone else has advise for this kind of thing i would really appreciate it :D

No matter how experienced someone gets, they arent going to manifest everything into the dream exactly how their waking minds want it. A dream is a combination of both the subconciousness and the conscious and without this, you'd be not asleep and be fully awake. A dream without the subconsciousness creations would be rather boring too.

If things are looking fake, its probably due to the thinking you are holding during the dreaming eg focused on "this is a dream". Of cause this thought is extremely helpful to stay lucid but too much focus on "this isnt real as its a dream" could only cause a fake looking experiences.

My LD experiences are very vivid and intense (except I can have some issues with DCs appearing not so realish as Im far too aware they are my DCs). I think my LD experience overall is very vivid and intense possibly because Im not at all trying to hold the thought at all that Im dreaming and usualy have no fear of slipping into an unconscious dream as I know its unlikely to happen to me.. I have enough experience to tell when that is going to be an issue.

I wonder if you are worrying you may lose your LD out of loosing awareness and that could have you more focused on "this is only a dream, this isnt real"? hence then dreams not being so intense/vivid. My biggest concern is usually of waking up!

Anyway, I think you are doing great there so far in your dream control for a begginner eg creating an ocean behind you.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2015 02:34

I just had a second thought on your post, this is just a theory as I arent completely sure its right or not.

I'd think that if one is too in control of a dream (not refering to controling oneself but with all around oneself in the dream) that it could cause it to become more fake too as after all in real life there is only so much control we have.

Of cause too the more fake something is feeling or becoming, the more this way the dream would go as our thoughts help create the actual dream both consciously and subconsciously. So try not to dwell on at all "this dream feels fake" .. immense yourself into the dream experience more to make it feel more vivid and real. Make sure part of yourself isnt expecting the dream to feel not real.

I dont know if you've read it but in case you havent done.. I want to share one of my recent LDs with you and from that you can see how even people experienced in LDs do not control everything in their dreams consciously. Take for example the situation in which I wanted to slap someone in this dream so head towards a woman to do so (things like the unexpected make LD more fun and interesting) http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15906

Note.. how I didnt just create the bank I wanted to rob behind me in the park or behind me elsewhere thou I know I could of tried to do that and may of succeded. For me to start doing things like that would be to start to make a dream feel too unreal for me (and would be a boring thing too to do to just manifest anything I wanted easily). I really like my dreams to be real life like so instead I went looking for a bank just like I'd do in real life.

So I suggest if your dreams do not feel too fake for you.. treat them realer so they can become realer to you. Really involve yourself into the dream and play along some with what your subconciousness is manifesting.

For a long time, I avoided dream characters as they just felt so fake so I became completely uninterested in them. I nowdays do have a lot of fun with them when I realised I can invoke very real like responses out of them (even if it means shocking them).

Eatoncheese

Postby Eatoncheese » 26 Feb 2015 05:05

Thank you very much for replying again and i am sorry for waiting a while to reply back, i have school stuff to take care of :P

You mentioned that it might be because i am thinking it is fake therefor it looks and feels fake, this makes a lot of sense I did know it was a dream so as a way of rationalizing the things i was doing i might have been saying in my mind that it was fake.

However i wasn't worrying that i would lose the lucid dream all that much because it didn't seem likely for some reason. I was more afraid of waking up.

I read your lucid dream and it seems like it will be helpful i haven't had a lucid dream since those two night in a row but i feel like i should start setting myself goals in lucid dreaming as i do in real life. I might try the robbing a bank one :P it seems fun.

I also feel like i should drift away from the summon it behind myself technique as i think that that made it feel really fake to me. Something i might try and i would like to get your opinion on this is summoning a door then imagining things through that, i feel that this could help with the realism. :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2015 12:01

Eatoncheese wrote: I also feel like i should drift away from the summon it behind myself technique as i think that that made it feel really fake to me. Something i might try and i would like to get your opinion on this is summoning a door then imagining things through that, i feel that this could help with the realism. :D

Finding a door and then thinking what you want is in the other room, is a great way to manifest something into a dream.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”