DC told me I have nothing to live for

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Guenther

DC told me I have nothing to live for

Postby Guenther » 18 Feb 2015 22:03

So I slipped into the lucid dreaming state and asked no one in particular "Can I talk to a part of my brain or something?" and a 6ft tall 40yr old white guy with long curly hair wearing a leather jacket and pants(like 80s metal bands used to wear it I think) appears and I asked him if there was something I should know about myself. He grabbed me by the shoulders and yelled desperately that I(me) had nothing to live for. At that point I forced myself awake because he freaked me out. This was the first time I ever really got an actual response from a DC that felt like a real person answering my question. It was weird as hell and I think what he meant was that as of right now I have no goal in life for myself, only things that are expected of me.

taniaaust1

Re: DC told me I have nothing to live for

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2015 01:10

It was weird as hell and I think what he meant was that as of right now I have no goal in life for myself, only things that are expected of me.

That's a good interpretation of it :D
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

sedric

Re: DC told me I have nothing to live for

Postby sedric » 22 Feb 2015 19:11

The best answers I've seen tell you to realize the person is a part of your own psyche and to engage the person in a conversation with the point being to make friends and reconcile any problems being represented. If you run away you have solved nothing and the same thing can happen again. They advise to project love to the DC-especially if he is hostile towards you.

Return to “Dream Characters”