First Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ayaleon

First Lucid Dream

Postby Ayaleon » 19 Feb 2015 02:45

Hey everyone, had my first lucid dream last night, or what I assume was. :D

I was in the back seat of a car when I noticed a familiar road in an unfamiliar setting, I thought it was weird, said I must be dreaming, did reality checks etc. and realised I was dreaming.

I shouted this to the other people in the car, and they stopped the car but did not respond to me. I got out and there was a person standing in front of me, I followed him about for a while, he told me he was my subconscious and we had a nice chat, but the actual dream environment was not vivid. I knew I was dreaming, but other than the talking, everything had the same clarity as a normal dream.

Is there something I did wrong? Or is this normal from a first time lucid dream?

ashes2ashes

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby ashes2ashes » 19 Feb 2015 05:20

Definitely normal my friend. I have deja-vu many times when I LD. Expect that alot! Try to learn from your experiences and try to practice as much as you can. I'm still trying to figure out mine but it seems to be a learning experience more than anything. Good luck!

Ayaleon

Postby Ayaleon » 19 Feb 2015 05:53

Thanks for the response ^^

Figured it was something normal, super psyched though, was a real interesting dream. Would've been great to fly, walk through walls, any number of things, but this was just as good

lucidwolftx

Postby lucidwolftx » 19 Feb 2015 08:54

Congratulations! 8-) You are on your way!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2015 01:23

Congratulations, that sounds like a lucid dream.

Would've been great to fly, walk through walls, any number of things, but this was just as good

Did you thou try any of those things?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ayaleon

Postby Ayaleon » 21 Feb 2015 02:12

Unfortunately not ^^. The dream was mostly me following around a DC who I had identified as my subconscious. He was just talking about my life a bit, I asked if he was lonely in here and he just laughed and nodded a bit. I didn't really think of trying anything while I was dreaming since I was engaged with this DC (not sure what to call my subconscious really...)

So yeah, I'll definitely be trying some of those things next time I become lucid, but for now I'm just happy to have had the experience of becoming lucid at least once. It is amazing hearing about it, but experiencing it is something else entirely :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”