Lucid Dreaming Science Areas

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
mao12

Lucid Dreaming Science Areas

Postby mao12 » 23 Feb 2015 06:41

I was wondering what scientific areas are necessary to master, or be good at, to be better at lucid dreaming, or at least what areas may be useful for this purpose. The only one I know is Neuroscience, and maybe Chemistry.

So if anyone know any other areas I'd be more than grateful

Summerlander

Re: Lucid Dreaming Science Areas

Postby Summerlander » 23 Feb 2015 11:27

Psychophysiology; psychoanalysis; and oneirology. You can also follow Stephen LaBerge's footsteps. I'm not sure how useful his mathematics degree has been though.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Feb 2015 16:33

Might as well throw in physiology, sociology and biology for it's healthy understanding of the evolution that the brain has gone thru over the past billion years.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 26 Feb 2015 19:15

mao12 wrote:I was wondering what scientific areas are necessary to master, or be good at, to be better at lucid dreaming, or at least what areas may be useful for this purpose. The only one I know is Neuroscience, and maybe Chemistry.

So if anyone know any other areas I'd be more than grateful

This may sound silly, however, I have always taken it for granted that to be good at anything, you simply practice it. The whole concept of perception determines conception, conception determines will kind of thing, or in street language, we learn by experience.

Want to be good at mashed potatoes, pop them in the microwave till they are done and proceed in the traditional way.

Return to “Dream Science”