A Few Questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
TheDude

A Few Questions

Postby TheDude » 25 Feb 2015 01:34

My first question is what are WILDS? I have seen this term a lot since I have begun trying to have lucid dreams.

My next question is can lucid dreaming help with things like depression, stress, or anxiety?

Can stress interfere with having a lucid dream? If so what are some methods of removing stress and clearing your mind before bed?
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

taniaaust1

Re: A Few Questions

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Feb 2015 10:20

WILD= Wake induced Lucid Dream

Its when a person triggers one off from a wake state and may enter one with full awareness, sometimes without any break in consciousness at all.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Feb 2015 10:25

TheDude wrote:My next question is can lucid dreaming help with things like depression, stress, or anxiety?

Can stress interfere with having a lucid dream? If so what are some methods of removing stress and clearing your mind before bed?

It could help stress, it would really depend thou on what kinds of lucid dreams the person creates for themselves and possibly their ability to control their dreams. If a person with anxiety is going to create lucid nightmares for themselves, I dont think it would help their anxiety!!

Whether stress would help or hinder a LD, I think that too would depend on a person. A person having a hard time with insomina may well find themselves in a lucid dream due to a change in their normal sleep habits. While for others esp those who want to do it regularly, being relaxed probably helps (all depends on the technique one is using eg one couldnt do a WILD easily while stressed, you need to be very relaxed for that).

With lucid dreaming it isnt necessarily about clearing ones mind as you need your mind and thoughts let go and flowing to have a dream.. thing is you need to be relaxed for the subconsciousness to start manifesting its flow.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 25 Feb 2015 19:10

@TheDude I have had quite a few WILDS which I started having not because of anything I read (I didn't even know what WILDS were when I first started having them) I was experimenting with lucid dreams and consciousness in general and just kind of figured it out on my own. The meaning of Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming just refers to being able to initiate a lucid dream while awake (in the physical body) rather than becoming lucid in the middle of a dream that is already taking place.

When I have WILDs, it is usually after I'm lucid, and I know the lucid dream is about to end (I'm fully aware I'll be opening my eyes in bed any moment). As the lucid dream fades out, I find myself back in bed......but I keep my eyes closed, and my body perfectly still. I immediately think about the lucid dream I had been in (the visuals, sounds, feelings I had, what I was doing, what the scene looked like, what characters were there etc..) all of a sudden I find myself right back in the scene I had been in, fully lucid (almost as if you teleport there....there's no break in consciousness, you are fully aware that just seconds ago -or even less- you had been laying in bed). It is almost like the reverse of a lucid dream ending where the scene is fading out and you know you are about to wake up in bed, and then you do. A WILD, goes from being in bed, to fully lucid in a dream.

I have only had one non-lucid dream where I woke up, tried the technique, and slipped fully lucid back into the same scene. The rest of my WILDS have been from lucid dreaming, to waking, then right back to lucid dreaming. I have read (but have not accomplished it myself yet) that from a deep meditative state, that it is possible to slip into a lucid dream with a scene you create while meditating.....
Last edited by hectorjose on 25 Feb 2015 19:28, edited 4 times in total.
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 25 Feb 2015 19:21

@TheDude I can share quickly one lucid dream I had to deal with an anxiety related stress that I was having in waking life. When I was younger, I worked for an organization that seemed to have a lot of staff meetings that would sometimes also include the Board of Directors. I was young, and I would feel shy and even a little intimidated at these meetings since I seemed to be the youngest in the room and was not the most outspoken person in big groups. I would try to speak as little as possible and every time we had these meetings, it would stress me out beforehand.

I went lucid one time where I found myself in the office that I worked at. I was in my cubicle and I decided to get up and look around. I noticed our large conference room where a meeting was going on. As I looked inside the room, I saw the board of directors and management all meeting. I looked at each persons face and they all seemed so serious (man this is just like real life, I thought to myself). I felt like if I went into the room, I would be interrupting them, but I also thought it was a silly feeling to be having, since I knew I was lucid. I decided to shake things up a bit by storming into the room and taking over the meeting. i walked in and went to stand at the head of the table and was like, "listen up everybody, I am taking control of this meeting!" The people in there (who were replicas of the people I knew) all looked stunned, some even stared back at me with their mouths open. "You guys need to lighten up! looking so serious is not a conducive atmosphere to conducting real business!" I told them. eventually I got them talking and laughing and enjoying themselves. The lucid dream ended not long after that.

When I was in the office again (particularly in staff meetings) I would smile to myself (sometimes even holding back from laughing) as I looked around the room and saw those same faces from my lucid dream experience. I contemplated going to the front of the room and telling them all to lighten up, and although I wouldn't have done that, the thought amused me very much. Anyways, those meetings became much more bearable and I wasn't so hesitant to go into them like before :D
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

Return to “For Beginners”