First Real Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
revlar

First Real Lucid Dream

Postby revlar » 25 Feb 2015 03:43

Five years ago, when I first practiced LD, I thought I had my first lucid dream when I was firebending and thought that I was controlling it. After a couple months I realized that it was just a regular dream. Now that I've been practicing it again, a few day ago I had a dream that I tried to prove to the dream version of my brother that it was a dream by picking up a pen and turning it into gold, cash, and a tangled gold necklace. It worked but I couldn't transform the tangled necklace into an untangled one. I thought that this was a lucid dream at first but after thinking about it, I realized that I was just really going along with the motions of the well thought out dream.

Finally, last night I had a dream where I was waist high in a bay with light blue water. I thought it was odd and tried to test the dream. I scooped up some water and thought to myself that if it falls abnormally that I must be dreaming. Lo and behold, a droplet stopped mid air and took its time to fall to the rest of the water. I realized I was dreaming and the water started to rise. The dream was going to collapse soon. I remembered the training and knew to rub my hands together or spin around. I hesitated and tried both at the same time, which I couldn't get right from uncoordination. The dream ended.

Finally I had a lucid dream that was real and not some complex imposter. Idk maybe my subconscious is just heavily guarded.

taniaaust1

Re: First Real Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Feb 2015 12:05

Congrats :D Im glad you got to experience that there is a difference between dreaming one is lucid and actually being so.

I realized I was dreaming and the water started to rise. The dream was going to collapse soon. I remembered the training and knew to rub my hands together or spin around. I hesitated and tried both at the same time

Before you have your next LD, get yourself very clear about what you'd do next time if the dream starts collapsing on you. Trying to do both those things together would be way too much for nearly all of us.. and would be very confusing. Being confused while dream is collapsing is a sure way to loose it.

Next time I suggest to simply either just rub your hands together or just stare at your hands. (I often just stare at a hand to stabilize.. hands in dreams are often quite interesting to look at!).

Spinning tends to be something that thou it helps some, it makes many others drop completely out of the dream as when you spin, it disconnects one from the dream one is currently in by taking the scenery of the dream away, (so has the opposite affect then putting focus onto it and helping your current dream to stabilise). Leave trying spinning till at least you've had a few decent LDs.

Have a dream goal too which you can put your mind okay so you arent standing in a dream thinking "what shall I do?" .. standing there being uncertain in a dream also can cause dream loss.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

hectorjose

Postby hectorjose » 25 Feb 2015 18:51

Just reading your description, that sounds like success in achieving a lucid dream. Don't worry about it being short, you will have more in the future. I think you have achieved a huge hurdle in going from "believing" (or wanting to believe) that lucid dreaming is real, to "knowing" (which can only come from experience) that lucid dreaming is real. Just that fact alone should aid you in having quite a bit more in the future :)
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

revlar

Postby revlar » 27 Feb 2015 03:27

Thanks guys. I do feel that even though it was short, it was a huge accomplishment. And now I know to do only stabilizing exercise at a time lol.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”