First lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Delaney

First lucid dream

Postby Delaney » 26 Feb 2015 22:41

Where to start? Well for one thing I've learned a lot about dreams. I have always had dreams within a dream and thought that was normal but apparently not. I was describing it so someone who was like "what". So here's my first lucid dream. I should say I have been aware that I'm dreaming before in dreams but not enough to 'control' anything or change anything.

So ... I was dreaming and in the dream I was within a dream because my husband came in to say bye before he left for work as he always does. So I thought I was awake, kind of. Then he said something like "I think I'm going to quit smoking cigarettes". My husband does not nor has ever smoked. That triggered in me, somehow, the "AHA" moment that I wasn't awake and that I was dreaming.

My son passed away and I always want to try and control my dreams now because some are pretty horrid (nightmares). I've also had some pretty awesome ones too but anyways, in the dream, once I realized I was dreaming, I told myself to be careful because I didn't want to wake myself up. I asked my husband if my son was downstairs. He said yes, he's good, had a great night and he's still sleeping. My son had disabilities so my husband used to sleep in the same room, come up in the morning and let me know how he did through the night and go to work and I'd get up and go into my son's room and be with him, sometimes resting too if he was still asleep.

So in my dream, I went down to my son's room and my son was there! He was sleeping but then he woke up. I could actually feel, smell and touch him! I told him I loved him and asked him if he knew how much I loved him and he said yes. My son had a trach in life and couldn't speak with his vocal cords but I told him he could talk - and he spoke to me. I continued to realize I was dreaming but trying to savor every single second of it. We spoke a little bit and he told me he loved me too.

I woke up but fell back asleep and into another really intense lucid dream about my son. This time he was 'in heaven' or somewhere like that, depending on what you believe. He was very tall and had dark hair (like in life) but I was struck by how tall he was. I knew I was dreaming again and we had more discussion. Someone asked if we wanted to take a picture and I said yes and I could actually see myself standing with my son as they took the picture. It was incredible.

So that's it in a nutshell. This has been followed by 2 pretty awful nightmares where I couldn't get myself to lucid dream out of it. Any thoughts?
Delaney

taniaaust1

Re: First lucid dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Mar 2015 16:13

Nice lucids :) .
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Alvar

Re: First lucid dream

Postby Alvar » 07 Mar 2015 06:50

I think it's great you had these opportunities to interact with a loved one, or your memories of him. I've had some of those with a person who was close to me. Only think I want to say, about the nightmares, is that in my experience you can turn those around, have them become opportunities for more lucidity. I used to have dreams where I was running away or falling, but those became clues for me. If I see myself in either of those circumstances I remind myself it's likely a dream and tell myself to calm down. Then everything changes.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”