Dream characters run when trying to have a conversation

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
silenttruth

Dream characters run when trying to have a conversation

Postby silenttruth » 27 Feb 2015 04:26

I've had lucid dreams since I was a kid, but only in the last few years have I realized what they are. Once I realized what they were and started researching them a bit, I've been attempting to speak to my dream characters while lucid. Any time I try to ask them anything at all, they get a look of panic on their face because they realize I'm awake and try to run away. I have to try and corner them to get any answers at all. I've tried just asking simple questions but they always seem panicked and it's like everyone in the dream is trying to get away from me. Sometimes when I try and force them to answer, I feel like I can almost feel a wall come up between us. It's really frustrating because I would really like to try and have an actual conversation with them.

Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening? I thought maybe it could be that I have some memory I don't want myself to know or something, but I really don't think I have anything in my past that would need to be hidden from myself (but then again, would you ever really know haha). Anyways, just wondered if anyone else has had the same thing happen or had any possible insight.

Thanks!

jasmine2

Re: Dream characters run when trying to have a conversation

Postby jasmine2 » 28 Feb 2015 02:07

I don't know what psychological factors might make other dream characters tend to run away in your dreams. Maybe you could try a more indirect approach to befriending them. Allow them to get used to having you in their neighborhood.

Before going to sleep, you could imagine that in your dreams, you will place "peace offerings" on a table - with a sign saying, "Free food and gifts. Please take what you want." Or you could imagine singing a peaceful song, or playing with cute baby animals, or planting a garden.

Return to “Dream Characters”