New guy here, with some questions!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wanish

New guy here, with some questions!

Postby Wanish » 28 Feb 2015 16:04

Hey guys!

I started to practice LD a few days ago, found lots of tips/tricks here, but have 2 questions, that i can't seem to find information on.

1. Does language affects lucid dreaming? What i mean by that, i'm Hungarian, but i do understand English quite good. If i say my MILD affirmations in English, or read about lucid dreaming in English, will my subconsciousness understand it? Or the subconsciousness works with your native language?

2. Can you lucid dream about something you have never done before? Like driving a tank, or plane or something like that?

Peter

Re: New guy here, with some questions!

Postby Peter » 01 Mar 2015 01:05

no problem to one

Anything goes to two

enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Wanish

Postby Wanish » 01 Mar 2015 08:42

One more question: How can i improve my dream recall, how long does it take to remember all of my dreams? I started to dream journal, and for a few nights woke up after 4,5hours and 90 minutes after that to see if i remember any of my dreams, but no luck :(

Sil

Postby Sil » 02 Mar 2015 06:35

One important thing to remember when writing in your dream journal, regardless of when you get up, is to not get out of bed until you're done writing. In fact, I typically don't let my legs move until I'm done writing in my dream journal.

Another thing you can do is lay still for a few moments after waking up, thinking about your dream and committing it to memory before even reaching for your dream journal. I've found that moving the memory from the delicate storage to at least temporary storage has helped me personally remember more of my dreams.

I've found that, for me, memories of some dreams come a little while after I've gotten up. I doubt this is the case for everyone, but if you happen to remember something that you've forgotten to jot down in your dream journal in the middle of the day, be sure to jot it down and remember to add it to your dream journal when you're with it next.

If you're waking up and you simply can't remember much about your dream (or anything at all), you could give meditation and hypnosis a try and implant the desire to remember your dreams. You could also try out Calea Zacatechichi and the sort (I've not used it before, so I can't attest to how well it works), if you're comfortable with such things.

Above all, you have to really want to remember your dreams. At this point, there's no doubt that you want to, and as long as you don't give up trying, it's only a matter of time before your subconscious makes note of your desire and delivers accordingly.

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2015 07:19

as above, just dont move when you wake up or the dream will go.

This is important for a while, I am ok now and have no issues with dream recall but for a while you need to form up good habits and then it becomes easy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”