Help with lucid dreaming!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Langlair

Help with lucid dreaming!

Postby Langlair » 28 Feb 2015 18:35

I have trouble knowing when I am dreaming, the scenarios that go on in my dreams never seem "off". My boyfriend told me it might be because I have an over active imagination in waking life, so when I dream, what I see seems completely normal. I have been doing reality checks more frequently and last night before I fell asleep, I pictured where I wanted to be if I went lucid (a green forest so I could call upon my spirit guide/animal...a centaur). I didn't go lucid but my dream took place in a forest that was in fall season. So I was a little close? If anyone has any suggestions to help me get closer to reaching lucidity, it would be much appreciated!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Re: Help with lucid dreaming!

Postby Peter » 01 Mar 2015 01:05

just pick one recurring element like you are riding a bike and you dont ride bikes or something similar and think about that on going to sleep. Best if its after a wake up in the early hours, so just keep saying "if I am riding a bike I will check to see if I am dreaming"
You need and anchor - the bike and an action - I will check and keep at this.
A few days or a week and it should work
I assume you dream recall is good ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Langlair

Postby Langlair » 10 Mar 2015 17:26

yes, my dream recall is excellent. recently, I told myself before I went to sleep that I will be in a magical forest (so I could meet my centaur/spirit animal) and when I dreamed, I was in a forest but it was the end of fall, everything was dead and I was on a secret mission. I still haven't got lucid yet.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Mar 2015 20:24

telling yourself you are there and making it is a great start, next up tell yourself that when that happens you will remember to check if you are dreaming.
it may take a few goes but and the important part is telling yourself to check. It will happen but possibly not when you expect it. Just keep trying
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Introduce Yourself”