Lucidity coming too late

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sil

Lucidity coming too late

Postby Sil » 01 Mar 2015 23:38

Hey guys, got one more nagging issue on my hands.

Earlier, I posted that I'm saying that I'm dreaming, but not realizing it. Now, this problem is decently solved, but I'm having another issue that has plagued my last 2 lucid dreams (last Friday and last night).

I used to have a problem with not remembering to do any kind of stabilization technique. Thus, the dreams never get past semi-lucid. However, in the last 2 lucid dreams I've had, I've remembered to rub my hands together, preform reality checks and remind myself aloud that I'm dreaming. But that doesn't seem to be enough for my dream.

Whenever I become lucid (at least, these last 2 times and one time a year ago, oddly not my "first" lucid dream a few weeks ago), my vision becomes dark and I don't feel like I'm completely "there" in the dream. I'm able to feel my sleeping body (which I actually assume is sort of normal), and I'm able to feel my "dream body", but my dream vision is very dark.

And the worst part is that the lucid dream comes when the dream is just ending, so I find myself becoming semi-lucid for a few seconds, then waking up. I'm not getting excited (I've actually never been excited in a lucid dream), I'm just waking up. This happened in these last 2 lucid dreams and, to an extent, my "first" lucid dream (which, in reality, was just my third-to-last lucid dream), in which I was able to stay at least semi-lucid for about a minute before "waking up".

I'm not sure if I just need more practice, or if this is something else I need to figure out, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

taniaaust1

Re: Lucidity coming too late

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Mar 2015 15:11

Sil wrote: I used to have a problem with not remembering to do any kind of stabilization technique. Thus, the dreams never get past semi-lucid. However, in the last 2 lucid dreams I've had, I've remembered to rub my hands together, preform reality checks and remind myself aloud that I'm dreaming. But that doesn't seem to be enough for my dream.

You may remember this with more experience, it sounds like you are at a low level of lucidity there.

Whenever I become lucid (at least, these last 2 times and one time a year ago, oddly not my "first" lucid dream a few weeks ago), my vision becomes dark and I don't feel like I'm completely "there" in the dream. I'm able to feel my sleeping body (which I actually assume is sort of normal), and I'm able to feel my "dream body", but my dream vision is very dark.

Sounds like you may be in between states. Just dont worry about the darkness, I sometimes go into a dark patch when Im entering a dream. Just try to focus on whatever you feel in the dream or can experience in the dram. You could even try doing the "What's in my Pocket" LD challenge if you cant see but can feel your dream body to reach into your pocket to feel what's in there. It may help having something in your dream to focus on.

And the worst part is that the lucid dream comes when the dream is just ending, so I find myself becoming semi-lucid for a few seconds, then waking up. I'm not getting excited (I've actually never been excited in a lucid dream), I'm just waking up.

Sounds like you may be become lucid when you are starting to wake up or about to do so..so not as deeply in a dream state. It's probably easier to became lucid at such a time for yourself. Hence why you are struggling with dream drop out (and the darkness occurring).

If this keeps happening, it may be worth trying to learn how to WILD and how to move throu that darkness to get back into a dream. This could also help you to enter into a dream with more awareness so may aid you into remembering to stabilise.

best luck
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”