Comparison of herbal sleep aids?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
astrovineyard

Comparison of herbal sleep aids?

Postby astrovineyard » 02 Mar 2015 23:47

I was wondering if anybody has done a survey of which herbal LD supplement works the best or most often, either personal testimony trying two or more of them or a collection of results from groups of people who took one or the other.

I'm thinking specifically Galantamine, Calea Z and whatever is the herb in that other bottle I see advertised with the owl looking eyes on it.

jimmyjames

Re: Comparison of herbal sleep aids?

Postby jimmyjames » 19 May 2015 07:33

I have yet to see for myself because I only just ordered it the other day, but I have read many of the reviews on the Dreamleaf (the one you see advertised with the owlish logo), and this seems to be the most popular. It's website is here:
http://luciddreamleaf.com/#_l_2e
I'll give you an update once I try it, but there are so many five stars reviews on this thing for inducing lucid dreams, I wouldn't doubt it. :)

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 21 May 2015 03:57

Thanks, I can't wait to hear a personal account. I wish I had heard of this before I was made aware of Galantamine. Or maybe I did but I was not as convinced? Anyway, any side effects of this dream leaf, particularly insomnia? I can't think of any other (sleep related) side effects I'd be worried about. Even nightmares would be acceptable (classified as a vivid/intense dream).

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » 29 May 2015 22:18

I'm just about to make a full review on the Dreamleaf, wait a sec :)

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 01 Jun 2015 15:56

Okay, waiting!

In addition to its effectiveness of inducing LD (or even just SP or strange vivid dreams) I'd like to know it it also causes sleeplessness. But I guess if it works for you you might not experience any insomnia conditions if you don't react to it that way.

Funny how the herbs that can help trigger LD and other strange stuff also paradoxically can keep you awake.

The irony is that if you get these experiences automatically without trying, as in the case of sleep paralysis, waking up is almost impossible when you try to.

So mu question is how do substances that can help induce experiences that are difficult to awaken from also have the effect of making it difficult to fall asleep in the first place?

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 04 Jun 2015 19:54

Here's a new sleep aid for dreaming I've haven't seen posted on this site (not that I have or am considering reading everything posted here). Resistant starch. Understanding mode of action helps if you have some knowledge of prebiotics, probiotics, & the microbiome.
Link:
http://freetheanimal.com/2013/12/narrative-dreaming-resistant.html
Lots of other info available on this on web, so if this intrigues u, find some other pertinent sites & study.
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 07 May 2016 15:02

be creative there are far more oneirogens out there are commonly discussed
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”