Projections

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Celt

Projections

Postby Celt » 03 Mar 2015 10:06

I was in my wife's house and wanted to leave. I took her by the hand and led her out of the house. I was confronted by her mother, grandmother x2, and a stranger. I pushed them out of the way and ignored them. We walked down the street and it was dark and cloudy so I pictured blue skies and it was. I wanted to see a sandy beach on the other side of the hill instead of a road so I pictured a sandy beach and it was. My wife wished she had brought her flip flops to the beach so I pictured a pair of flip flops in my hand and it was. She was very happy especially as what I had created was her favourite pair of black flip flops with a hole in them! I could sense my projections were getting annoyed. I had full control and doubt was appearing in my head that I could control everything for a substantial amount of time. I decided we should find somewhere to be alone away from the projections but the more I tried to escape from them the more they appeared trying to interfere with the dream. I went to a market and started browsing at clothes trying to blend in but they would come up to me and pester me. I got on board of a plane and tried to take off but they had control of the air space and the flight was grounded. I got of the plane and there were about 20 or so projections around me just being a nuisance. I shouted enough! Silence! They all went quiet. I said sit down! And they all sat down. My thoughts became clear and focused and a field of light appeared around my head. I sat down with the projections and just sat there. The light was bliss. Nothing could effect me. Nothing could touch my thoughts. I just sat there and slowly closed my eyes and I awoke.

Summerlander

Re: Projections

Postby Summerlander » 03 Mar 2015 12:34

This is a further indication, ostensibly, that lucid dreams reflect the oneironaut's state of mind and how much focus is paramount. Doubt, undoubtedly, can be a snag. Still, you exhibit a good degree of control. I think you could have prolonged this lucid experience further but I guess you were mentally sated prior to wakefulness.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Celt

Postby Celt » 03 Mar 2015 22:53

Dreams take on many roles but they must always reflect the oneironaut's state of mind. I have come to a stage in my life where I need to take control off many things. I do not doubt myself but others doubt my ability and someone did say that to me the day before the dream.
I was satisfied with the dream however I have been training myself to wake up at 7am every morning and it was 6:58 when I awoke so it would of been time to awake no matter what the outcome. This was the first time a dream ended so well and so close to my waking time. It would be interesting if this would carry on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Mar 2015 02:44

Interesting and certainly conveniently. How often do you lucid dream?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Celt

Postby Celt » 04 Mar 2015 22:08

I can not really say how often I lucid dream. I have never really kept track. Only in the last three weeks I have decided to pay more attention to my sleep and dreams by getting into a routine and keeping a diary. I had a lucid dream every night for the first four nights by setting an alarm and staying up for 20 minutes but I decided to stop this until I developed a good sleep pattern as I was feeling slightly tired during the day. Since then I have had two natural ones.
How often do you try and lucid dream and how often do you lucid dream? I did ask this question on the forum but only one answered.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Mar 2015 01:44

I have always had a relaxed approach and used to lucid dream around 8 nights a month. And I used to prolong them and re-enter the lucid dream state as msny times as possible after thr dream world collapse until such option was exhausted. Lately, however, I have been lazy and have only been doing it once a month. I used to stay up for 20 mins before returning to bed, too. I was big on WILD and leaving-the-body techniques. Now I tend to DILD. I think you are doing very well. I'm getting a little rusty. :mrgreen:

Do you have a favourite lucid dream recorded in your diary? If so, do you mind sharing it here?

- Padmasambhava

Celt

Postby Celt » 05 Mar 2015 18:28

Yes this has always been my problem, I have been too lazy! I have been too lazy to keep a dream journal, too lazy to keep up reality checks, too lazy for life!
I am focused and committed now. I can see the real health benefits of being able to lucid dream.
I would say eight lucid dreams per month is a good place to be. As we are yet to understand the full nature of dreams it would be sensible to let dreams run their course most of the time.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”