Self-Creating a Pain Killer

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kvothe

Self-Creating a Pain Killer

Postby Kvothe » 03 Mar 2015 16:28

Hello Dreamers,

i recently had an idea: When you are lucid dreaming, you first set yourself in a state of pain and then forcefully think: "Make the pain stop!" By doing this regularly, it should be possible to make the brain be convinced that this phrase does end pain and to transfer this believing to the waking state. While it probably wont be possible to completely nullify pain in waking I see no reason why it shouldnt work as a Placebo in your own mind with the possibility of a much stronger effect than a normal Placebo. If this would actually work, you could reduce pain you feel in your RL by simply thinking the catchphrase which your mind connects to a reduce of pain. Sadly I cannot try this theory on my own because I only have ca. 1 LD per week which isnt enough to really test this. So please feel free to post your thoughts on this or try it and report your results.

Good dreams wishes
Kvothe

P.S.:I am not a native english speaker so please dont hate on my grammar ^^

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Re: Self-Creating a Pain Killer

Postby jasmine2 » 04 Mar 2015 00:30

Rather than trying to create an experimental sensation of pain in a lucid dream, I think I would prefer to work on gradually improving my general lucid dreaming skills. Then if I develop some actual bodily pain, from a muscle strain, or whatever, I could attempt to become lucid and try some dream healing on myself.

- Here's an interesting article on dream healing. -

- "Lucid Dream Healing Experiences: Firsthand Accounts" - by E.W. Kellogg - asdreams.org

jasmine2

Kvothe

Re: Self-Creating a Pain Killer

Postby Kvothe » 05 Mar 2015 07:11

Thats an interesting article. You are right, I should develop my LD ability First

Kvothe

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”