skin

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
taniaaust1

skin

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Mar 2015 06:30

This is a dream I had a couple of nights ago which I cant figure it out, so maybe someone else can give me some ideas. Thanks

I'm in a running race. While running, I touch the roof of my mouth with a finger, this causes all the skin to come away from my mouth.

I show others this large piece of skin from my mouth. Im now in a bar showing people this skin, holding up and stretching it out for people to see (the human skin has now morphed to the size of a kangaroo hide) and its now human leather. I start asking those in the bar if they'd like this skin to do something with.

The skin has developed markings all over it, random letter markings (not words) but there are still some good pieces of clear skin there which could be used for something. Im in bar asking, "Who wants to make something from my human skin?"
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

Re: skin

Postby Peter » 08 Mar 2015 09:13

If you were not lucid then I would say your SC is doing its best to get you to wake up. I simply see most events like that as a missed RC
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 10 Mar 2015 22:48

taniaaust1, It amazes me how the unconscious dreaming mind creates a never-ending variety of, sometimes bizarre, symbolic dream images.

Perhaps the image of skin on the top of your mouth has something to do with speaking and language. The whole body skin, through its various senses (including the "skin" in the eyes and ears), enables humans to perceive other human beings and our whole environment.

Maybe the dream is implying that language, and all of the body's senses play a very important part in numerous forms of communication and creative pursuits. Are you interested in creative arts, performing arts or writing?

In non-lucid and lucid dreams, we explore different dimensions of consciousness perceived in our dream body "skin".

jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Mar 2015 08:07

thanks

jasmine2 wrote:Are you interested in creative arts, performing arts or writing?

Not at all currently.

In non-lucid and lucid dreams, we explore different dimensions of consciousness perceived in our dream body "skin".

jasmine2

I personally don't think my subconsciousness would use skin to represent the different body dimensions.

I'll keep seeking to understand this dream, hopefully someone will be able to come up with something which feels right.

The strongest thing which stands out to me re skin is protection.. our skin holds and protects our bodies organs, nerves etc etc . I cant understand though why I'd want to give my protection away, actively trying to do so if this was the symbolism of this dream.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 29 Mar 2015 16:43

taniaaust1 wrote:This is a dream I had a couple of nights ago which I cant figure it out, so maybe someone else can give me some ideas. Thanks

I'm in a running race. While running, I touch the roof of my mouth with a finger, this causes all the skin to come away from my mouth.

I show others this large piece of skin from my mouth. Im now in a bar showing people this skin, holding up and stretching it out for people to see (the human skin has now morphed to the size of a kangaroo hide) and its now human leather. I start asking those in the bar if they'd like this skin to do something with.

The skin has developed markings all over it, random letter markings (not words) but there are still some good pieces of clear skin there which could be used for something. Im in bar asking, "Who wants to make something from my human skin?"

The first thing that comes to mind is found in the JCS, it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of it.
The human mind is responsible for human behavior.
The mind is wholly linguistic by function.
There are two branches of reasoning, Logic and Analogic.
Lucid Dreaming is an analog language. Analogic is the foundation for logic, or common grammar. Analogic is the language of choice for a superior mind. Logic is basically an indexing system for analog material.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2015 08:03

I didn't really understand but thanks.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”