My first near-lucid experience, am i making progress?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wanish

My first near-lucid experience, am i making progress?

Postby Wanish » 08 Mar 2015 07:12

Hey guys!

I'm asking it, because for about a week now i have been doing MILD, WBTB, reality checks and ofc dream journaling. Now i can consistently remember my dreams, but they are not that vivid, they don't feel real, but today i dreamed about my car getting stolen, and i said, it can't be true, its just a dream. I don't remember doing RC that time in the dream, but i rly wanted my car back, and when i got home it was there. What can i do to make my dreams more vivid? Just carry on, and prectice more and they will come, or should i change technique?

Peter

Re: My first near-lucid experience, am i making progress?

Postby Peter » 08 Mar 2015 09:11

Keep at it, you are close.
thinking rationally is good and its a tiny step from there to being lucid
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2015 05:11

Seeing you have been only at it for one week, I think it sounds like you are going well as you are noticing progress.

I suggest to only think about changing techniques if you are regularly using one for several weeks and noticing no improvement at all, if something is helping, best sticking with it. So I suggest to stick with what you are doing for the next few weeks at least.

Dreams often go more vivid when you have a LD, so don't worry about lack of vividness right now.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Wanish

Postby Wanish » 11 Mar 2015 08:53

Thanks for all the help, but for some reason i just lost my progress :S For a few consecutive days i had dreams that i could remember, and i got near lucid, but now they are gone, can't remember any of my dreams now. What did i screw up? Or is it common, just keep on going? (Still doing WBTB after 5 hours of sleep, and MILD affirmations).

Wanish

Postby Wanish » 11 Mar 2015 13:06

Some extra questions i left out: What should and what shouldn't i do during that 30-60 minutes i'm awake for WBTB? Can i watch TV, or phone screen? Also, should i wake after 5 or after 6 hours of sleep? And if i wake up to an alarm, and i don't remember any dream, that means i should adjust the wake time, because i woke from non-REM sleep?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 13:28

Wanish wrote:Thanks for all the help, but for some reason i just lost my progress :S For a few consecutive days i had dreams that i could remember, and i got near lucid, but now they are gone, can't remember any of my dreams now. What did i screw up? Or is it common, just keep on going? (Still doing WBTB after 5 hours of sleep, and MILD affirmations).

You may not have screwed up anything.. we all may go through a not so good period of not being able to remember. Don't let it bother you. You'd do best on focusing on the progress you've made so far.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 13:31

Wanish wrote:Some extra questions i left out: What should and what shouldn't i do during that 30-60 minutes i'm awake for WBTB? Can i watch TV, or phone screen? Also, should i wake after 5 or after 6 hours of sleep? And if i wake up to an alarm, and i don't remember any dream, that means i should adjust the wake time, because i woke from non-REM sleep?

I myself don't worry about REM or non -REM as I myself do LD at any time so that question would be best to ask another.

As long as you can go back to sleep, I don't think it would matter much what you do in that time. I would suggest to have your mind on LD during that time which could further help triggering a dream when you go back to bed. Maybe read someone online LD related during that time if it doesn't stop you from getting back to sleep (or get a library book on LD or astral projection to read during that time).

Allyk47

Postby Allyk47 » 13 Mar 2015 22:47

Yeah, what the people above me said.

Just keep at it.

It really is like athletic training.
Just because you know HOW to lift a weight, doesn't make you good at it.
You have to condition your body to do it.
Same with LD-ing and remembering your dreams. You have to condition your mind/subconscious. It isn't enough just to be an expert on HOW.

As for the wbtb..... Eh. I'm not the one to be giving advice there because that's only worked for me once or twice.... but that's only because I'm not adamant about doing it. Sometimes I'm too tired and I just roll right back over and crash out.

But when I do attempt it... I get out of bed (which, they say is, like, mandatory).... Get something to eat real quick... And bring it back to bed & chill out. Read up on LD's on my phone. Put on a specific movie (being that my goal DC as of late is from a movie, it's productive for me to do so... buuut I have also read that you're 'not supposed to' watch TV.... meh). So on&so forth. And after I eat my two cookies or whatever it is, I'm usually up to the 20 minute mark. So I start getting ready to go back to bed. I personally don't like to stay up too long past 20 or 30 minutes because then I'm wide awake, for most intents&purposes, and right back where I started at bedtime. Sleepy, but not about to fall directly back into full blown REM. The times WBTB has worked for me is when I got up & about.... real good & semi-awake...but not TOO too awake.

just hang in there, you'll get the hang of it. People rave about WBTB but what really works best for me is the several-times-a-day reality checks for habit-crossover to form DILDs....Annnd I've had the most LD's through bedtime WILD, actually. FILD. MILD. Whatever. Just, at bedtime.

Good luck!! Keep at it!! Giving up is the biggest mistake a beginner can make. Believe me, I know. I've been trying to LD on and off for years, and only just within the past couple months actually got dedicated and started getting better at it. Keep up with that DJ, too. That's super important. No point in LDing if you don't remember it.

Return to “For Beginners”