Unconscious Changes Dreams to Avoid Dream Signs?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Matt J

Unconscious Changes Dreams to Avoid Dream Signs?

Postby Matt J » 09 Mar 2015 01:50

All,

I've been an on-again, off-again Lucid Dreamer for many years. Recently, I've been "on" again, having picked up Andrew Holecek's Dream Yoga (which fits well with my meditation practice).

I had a good restart, and had a few lucid dreams fairly quickly. However, I notice that the dreams tend to change once I uncover a dream sign. The last time I did LD (a number of years ago), I used to look at my hands. For a while, they would appear liquidity. But over time, my hands became more and more realistic in my dreams. So I had switched to lights. Then I was able to turn lights on and off. I began to use text. Then I developed the ability to read in dreams.

This time, I began to look for rapid changes. This worked for a while, but now the dreams I remember are incredibly realistic with no obvious dream signs. For example, instead of vanishing, people will exit naturally.

Has anyone had this happen, and have any tips?

PKJacker

Re: Unconscious Changes Dreams to Avoid Dream Signs?

Postby PKJacker » 09 Mar 2015 04:05

You can consider this a positive thing, your dreams are getting clearer and clearer through your work.

One RC that never has failed me is trying to change something in the dream, something as simple as making a door yellow, usually I like to change the setting completely though. Obviously thought won't work that way in real life so it's a pretty reliable RC to do.
Three steps from bliss.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2015 05:55

My dreams are very real life too with not much oddness usually in them... as PKJacker said, if you want to test if you are in a dream you can just try to alter something in the dream or try pushing your finger through your hand or breathing while holding your nose (that last one doesn't work for me but does work for many).

I also wonder if when you look at your hand if you are doing the reality check properly and looking for weird hand changes rather then just looking to see what your hand looks like. When doing these checks one should hold the expectation in place to see something strange, its not just a matter of looking.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Matt J

Postby Matt J » 10 Mar 2015 14:09

All, thanks for the responses. Maybe what I need is to establish more RC's as a matter of habit. Typically, I discover I'm dreaming passively rather than actively.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”