Dreaming of the singularity

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

Dreaming of the singularity

Postby buildit » 10 Mar 2015 03:37

So my fellow "Quantum / astrophysics nerds" might find my dream last night interesting. So we struggle to understand what the universe of the Big bang was like, last night I saw it as a universe before the big bang where space was a solid and all matter was / is perfectly aligned and packed into the smallest space possible. Only pure energy can traverse this. Also because there universe was solid it was finite due to the lack of matter needed to have a completely solid construct. It was also this pure conscious energy that "ripped the hole", for lack of a better term, which allowed the solid universe or a large part of it to intrude into a new universe, ours.
So we now have singularities at the center of every galaxy and smaller ones spread out amongst the stars in our universe. We also are suffering from the eruption of the solids universes physics in the form of what we refer to as dark matter and dark energy. I am unsure if the creation of billions solid universes will accomplish what the energy which caused the big bang wanted, if it wanted anything at all.
This was all part of a lucid dream revelation to me that just happened to include this information real or not.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Re: Dreaming of the singularity

Postby Summerlander » 10 Mar 2015 11:21

Interesting. It appears that your dreaming mind has been trying to visualise what took place around 14 billion years ago, the conjecture of a proto-universe and the beginning of space-time expansion. Can you describe, in detail, the dream in terms of colour, sound, shape, form, emotion and possibly accompanying thoughts at the time? Also, did the unfolding of such cosmological events in your mind adumbrate a possible, and perhaps highly probable, future? Did your dream, with this theme, allude to a prophetic vision of the cosmos?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 10 Mar 2015 15:01

Summerlander wrote:Interesting. It appears that your dreaming mind has been trying to visualise what took place around 14 billion years ago, the conjecture of a proto-universe and the beginning of space-time expansion. Can you describe, in detail, the dream in terms of colour, sound, shape, form, emotion and possibly accompanying thoughts at the time? Also, did the unfolding of such cosmological events in your mind adumbrate a possible, and perhaps highly probable, future? Did your dream, with this theme, allude to a prophetic vision of the cosmos?

It was part of a much larger and more structured dream but color, in the solid universe I saw the structure of the universe as white. Shapes were crystalline like salt because of the dense packing of all matter so close together. The physical laws were different from our universe although I didn't take time to test or interact with them.
As for a prophetic vision of the Cosmos, it simply reinforces an old belief I have that any race of intelligent beings who desire to truly explore and live in space will need to do so in a non corporeal form because space is too hazardous for corporeal life to survive for long.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Mar 2015 01:39

That seems cool. Your oneiric spectacle certainly stirred your imagination and got you thinking about important issues. Space is indeed a dangerous place but at least we can go anywhere in our mental universe. ;-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 11 Mar 2015 02:13

Summerlander wrote:That seems cool. Your oneiric spectacle certainly stirred your imagination and got you thinking about important issues. Space is indeed a dangerous place but at least we can go anywhere in our mental universe. ;-)

Well, I do like to preprogram on some ideas and then let the noodle use the material to originate the construct for my LD. I also like my experiences in flying and space to follow as many rules of physics as I can, of course the rest I make up along the way.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Mar 2015 11:00

I try to do the same. And I also try to see it as a fun challenge. The mind can be a noise place and sometimes focus takes effort. By the way, have you ever plunged into a black hole in a lucid dream?

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 11 Mar 2015 14:33

Summerlander wrote:I try to do the same. And I also try to see it as a fun challenge. The mind can be a noise place and sometimes focus takes effort. By the way, have you ever plunged into a black hole in a lucid dream?

Not in a physical sense. Part of the dream was that one of the races I met had built a machine which resembled a "fun slide" that allowed energy from our universe to transfer into the solid universe of a singularity. This is how they learned what the beings who created the big bang were doing and why. Our universe and life in it was just a curious side effect to them but nothing they considered important.
I did travel into the singularity thru their machine which could be best described as sliding down between levels, like allowing for decompression when being pulled up from the ocean. That was where I saw the inside of the singularity as a solid represented as white "blocks" that energy moved thru. In further thought after the fact I wonder what type of physics allows for energy to transfer thru a material which is packed so tight it can't even vibrate? It would seem to me the solid universe would be the perfect insulator unless it works like a superconductor at super low temperatures? Wish I could have learned more about the quantum state of the singularity.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Mar 2015 23:20

I wish we could even imagine the singularity. Can you imagine? I'm liking the idea of Creators who never had us in mind when they made the universe, by the way! It destroys the mushy "God made us in His image." :-D

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Mar 2015 23:33

Summerlander wrote:I wish we could even imagine the singularity. Can you imagine? I'm liking the idea of Creators who never had us in mind when they made the universe, by the way! It destroys the mushy "God made us in His image." :-D

Yeah, I imagined it but don't pretend to comprehend all of the implications. It seems obvious that physical laws of the singularity are different then in our universe and yet some of these transferred into our universe during it's creation in the big bang. It seems like these might represent what science now considers the dark matter and dark energy. So if you reverse engineer what we thing dark matter and energy does in our universe it might explain the physics of a singularity.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Mar 2015 11:13

Nobody fully knows what happened, or is still happening (the cosmic explosion continues). But it seems that quantum fluctuations begot something because a state of nothingness is highly unstable. That increasing something could not be contained in a miniscule spot so a rapid expansion of space began. With it... time. Space and time were two requirements inevitably born to accomodate the physical surge. Dark matter prevents galaxies from flying apart and aids the stars in them to take some hold and exert influence with their magnetic fields. The weak force of gravity is noticeable by us. Dark energy is involved in expansion, weirdly showing us more space coming into being out of nowhere...

Anyway, I don't know the itty-bitty details as I'm not a physicist. But there is a great Lawrence Krauss seminar on this subject. :-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Science”