First Night of Sleep Paralysis

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Doors

First Night of Sleep Paralysis

Postby Doors » 10 Mar 2015 09:11

Tonight I woke up right in the middle of a vivid lucid dream. After which I found that I couldn't move AT ALL and I continued to dream while I was awake. It was the most bizarre, intense, and chaotic dreaming experience I ever had. I remember the dream itself so I'll share that first.
I was with a crowd of people, and we walked into a house and all the sudden it burst into flames and started burning. So I held on to the rafters of the ceiling, to avoid the fire below me. Then it suddenly came to mind that I was dreaming because something about the fire wasn't real enough. So I made myself wake up, and instead of waking up I lost all lucidity.
So I woke up within another dream, inside a shack. There were two tables with random tools on them, and I was holding a mini fridge type device. I opened it and it was filled with bugs and rotten food. Then a door to the shack opened in front of me and a large figure came walking in, and then all these memories of past dreams flooded back to me and things went from a typical vivid dream to downright chaos.

I woke up, but I was only in half reality. I heard birds chirping, and after that, loud noises that are just indescribable. Then the thought of the time 2:21 AM came to mind. Now I was laying in bed unable to move. Let me stress this, there were ALOT of noises going on. Overwhelming auditory hallucinations. Crashing, banging, random noises I never even heard before, people talking, swirling sounds, high pitched noises, all at once but all distinct at the same time. The best way to describe them were mechanical and almost electric in nature. I was focused on trying to control it but I simply couldn't, I was stuck and couldn't move nor make the hallucinations go away. This was no dream, this was seeing and hearing things that weren't there. This went on for only a minute or so, and then I managed to move, and the auditory hallucinations faded away. At this point I was fully awake and not tired at all.

I also would like to again stress that this experience was extremely terrifying. The only reason I did not have a heart attack was because I already knew about sleep paralysis and that it could happen when waking up during REM sleep. So I was aware of what was going on, and was probably the only reason the hallucinations weren't even worse. The weirdest thing was when I checked the time after it was all over, it was a few minutes after 2:21 AM, so this experience happened exactly at 2:21 AM, the time that popped into my head when this happened.

I would like help in interpreting this dream in some way.

taniaaust1

Re: First Night of Sleep Paralysis

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 14:34

Then it suddenly came to mind that I was dreaming because something about the fire wasn't real enough. So I made myself wake up

Trying to wake up cause a dream is scary, often can be a bad idea as what happens when we are dreaming? - We often create in our dream whatever we think, so thinking of wanting to wake up when lucid can create a false awakening. Though this didn't happen at that point in your dream. I suppose as you were still dreaming when you tried to wake u,p it could of created a confused state and hence helped you loose lucidity. (just a theory for what may of happened).

I woke up, but I was only in half reality. I heard birds chirping, and after that, loud noises that are just indescribable. Then the thought of the time 2:21 AM came to mind

I wonder if you had part astral awareness hence part awareness of the astral double of things in our real world, hence picked up the right time through that?? (as the astral body doesn't need eyes to see the clock, it can just know what is around it). Maybe the birds you heard were real birds.

Then the thought of the time 2:21 AM came to mind. Now I was laying in bed unable to move. Let me stress this, there were ALOT of noises going on. Overwhelming auditory hallucinations. Crashing, banging, random noises I never even heard before, people talking, swirling sounds, high pitched noises, all at once but all distinct at the same time. The best way to describe them were mechanical and almost electric in nature. I was focused on trying to control it but I simply couldn't,

I wonder if you were trying to wake up just before all that horrid noise started up? If so maybe that thought of wanting to wake up had your subconsciousness respond in kind and hence create a din.. as after all what do most people do when they want to wake someone up???? They either make noise...possibly loud noise if they still wont wake up or shake the person.

If you want to wake up from sleep paralyses state, the best way is usually just wiggle a toe. Put all your attention on one and then wiggle it (it may not wiggle right away but with focus it should wiggle). Its easier to move a small body part to break a SP state then trying to move a bigger area.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 14:44

Fire = some crisis in your life. Holding onto rafters to escape the fire, I think shows that you are able to rise above the issue

The bugs and rotten food I too think are symbols over the crisis.. as not nice to have a crisis about something ... something in life has "spoilt" for you..

All the noise could represent "chaos" in your life related to the fire/trouble in your life. Crowds of people to at times can get chaotic. Dream seems to indicate a lot going on around something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Mar 2015 00:07

Doors,
Here are good articles about dealing with sleep paralysis.

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" by Ryan Hurd - ld4all.com

- "Spiritual Sleep Paralysis - Aliens, Angels, and Allies" - by Ryan Hurd - dreaminglucid.com

It seems to me that, after your temporary experience of sleep paralysis, the residual anxiety from this experience may have contributed to the emotionally disturbing imagery and feeling in the later sequences of dreams.

Over the years, I've intermittently dreamed about food. During periods in which I felt rather socially isolated, I might dream that I was eating unappealing food, or that I felt excluded, as I watched people as I watched people across the room gathered around a table, eating food and talking happily to each other.

At other times, when I felt like I had a harmonious group of friends and associates in real life (socially nourished), then I dreamed of happily sharing good food with family and friends.

In your account, at one point, you said you had a flood of dream memories. If you keep a dream journal and think about personal associations to symbolic dream images, and also ask your dreams to send you helpful dream guides, then your dreams can give you insights regarding how to deal with distressing or challenging situations in your life.

- Best wishes - jasmine2

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”