Can one change your subconscious thoughts through dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Can one change your subconscious thoughts through dreaming?

Postby 568129 » 10 Mar 2015 11:22

Hello Forum,

I have heard that about 95 porcent of our thoughts are subconscious and only 5 por cent come from the conscious mind. Since most of us have negative programming, which was received from the age of 0 to about 7 years old, we have the negative programming of school, society, etc. Negative thoughts like I am not worth anything or I will never amount to anything. For more info on subconscious beliefs, search youtube for Bruce Lipton. Can we dream and enter our subconscious so as to change our negative subsconscious programming for good positive subconscious programming? Does it have to be lucid dreams that change our subconscious?

Thanks

Kind Regards,

taniaaust1

Re: Can one change your subconscious thoughts through dreami

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Mar 2015 13:26

You can work on getting rid of negative thought programming at any time, you don't have to be lucid to do this. I used to do this in all kinds of ways through doing inner child meditations (taking to my inner child at different levels), affirmations, visualizations etc.

Lucid dreams are great for teaching a person to watch what they are thinking and how a thought may express something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby 568129 » 10 Mar 2015 21:29

thanks I would like to know more about inner child meditations. How can I know what my inner child is saying?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 11 Mar 2015 01:31

I think working with non-lucid and lucid dreams can help in dealing with everyday life challenges, and can provide insights regarding how one's own psyche works, as well as providing contact with the deeper, mysterious, realms of one's consciousness.

I recommend these resources -

- website - jeremytaylor.com
Includes very good articles and other resources about dreams

- Book - "Creative Dreaming" - by Patricia Garfield
This wise book has been very popular for decades.

- Article - "Belleruth Naparstek Discusses Guided Imagery" - bodhitree.com

- YouTube - "Interview - Louise Hay - Part 1"

- website - "Health Journeys - Research and Resources" - healthjourneys.com

- YouTube - "Carl Jung - The Wisdom Of The Dream - A Life Of Dreams" - Part 1 of 3

- jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 13:46

568129 wrote:thanks I would like to know more about inner child meditations. How can I know what my inner child is saying?

What I do is go into a meditation state.. lying comfortably on my back, deep abdominal breathing (hands if on abdomen should be raising and falling with the breath. Breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth, not holding breath between breaths. In, out, in, out (slow and deep).

I then imagine divine light around me and through me.. then I innerly call my inner child to appear or I think of an issue I have and then call for the sub personality around that issue to appear.

Once my inner child is there or I just feel something there even if Im not seeing it, I talk to it and try to see if there is anything it wants to tell me.. then I act like a loving adult with it and watch it shift (it becomes older and more beautiful eg it may appear wearing dirty rags but after Ive done healing with it, its dressed better. It changes as I work through stuff.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”