Over-Excitement

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Areena11

Over-Excitement

Postby Areena11 » 10 Mar 2015 20:35

After a few months of practicing, I have only been lucid twice. Both were very exciting realizations for me. In fact, they were too exciting because both caused me to wake up right away.

In the first (a few months ago), I was on the floor of my room, and looked up at my bed and saw a strange man laying in it. I noticed that my bed was taller than what it normally is in real-life, which made me realize "OMG I'M DREAMING"! I was reading a book that notes that things in your dreams will be similar to real-life object, but semi different, so I think that's what triggered my LD realization in this one. However, as soon as I had the "AHA" moment, the room started shaking as if there was an earthquake and I woke up.

The second time, I was getting on the front row of a roller coaster with my friend. I'm not sure what triggered me to realize I was in a dream during that one, but I did, and I immediately felt the same rush of excitement take over. It all happened so quick, but I thought to myself "when this roller coaster gets to the top of the hill, I'm going to jump out of the seat and fly into the sky!" Well, it got to the top of the hill, but I was overwhelmed with excitement and spun back into the room I was actually in and woke up.

Each time after waking up, I was so happy that I realized I was dreaming, but also very upset that I let both times fade away from me so quickly. Any tips?!

taniaaust1

Re: Over-Excitement

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Mar 2015 14:50

When you loose one like this, don't move.. try to immediately WILD back into the dream. (spend at least several minutes trying this).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”