Hello All!!!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
1/3 life

Hello All!!!

Postby 1/3 life » 11 Mar 2015 04:25

I am relatively new to lucid dreaming and was looking for some advice on ways to improve my chances of going lucid. I have had two lucid dreams, and neither were very long. My main problem seems to be that no matter how unrealistic my dreams are, it never seems weird to me until after I wake up.

ryanm888

Re: Hello All!!!

Postby ryanm888 » 14 Mar 2015 07:22

Reality Checks are talked about ALOT when it comes to trying to lucid dream, alot of people do "Reality Checks" throughout the day, they make this a habit and sooner or later whilst dreaming you will complete a reality check only to realise that your dreaming!

the reality check I have been using is to TRY to push my right hand index finger through my left hand palm, and if you can do this...then your most likely dreaming :P another reality check that's often used is to look at your hands, look away then look back at your hands and notice if anything is different or unusual (change is size/shape/number of fingers) also trying to read text is often very difficult in dreams and some people use this as a reality check.

Although I did a reality check once in my dream, (the finger through palm method) but still didn't recognise it was a dream! felt like such a wasted opportunity!

Also I've not researched too much into supplements but some people swear by them, may be worth having a quick look on the supplements section of the forum.

Good luck and I wish you many lucid dreams!
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

Pika?

Re: Hello All!!!

Postby Pika? » 14 Mar 2015 07:59

maybe im weird, but the palm check never worked with me, even when I was sure I was lucid. Maybe i subconsciously dont expect my fingers to go through my palm, or dont have enough confidence or whatever. On the other hand, the breath check works for me EVERY time, even if i dont want it to work!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”