Preprogramming LD's

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
buildit

Preprogramming LD's

Postby buildit » 12 Mar 2015 03:06

So one technique I've had a lot of success with over the years is what I consider preprogramming a lucid dream. Typically I can have at least one Ld during the evening which will include the construct I have thought about as I fell asleep. This is more than just thinking about an idea though and the really successful preprogramming is experienced like a day dream. I've only learned meditative states in martial arts and what I do certainly doesn't meet that sort of meditation. But I don't know how else to describe the day dream like environment I can reach in order to order my thoughts the way I do.
I've heard of similar techniques but none seem to involve the day dream like state, they all call it a meditative state. Maybe they are the same but my definition is inadequate for the meditative state they are describing. :?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

ajdrian

Re: Preprogramming LD's

Postby ajdrian » 28 Mar 2015 09:15

You are talking about trance (from hypnosis) don't you ? I read about following stages of consciousness waking life - daydreaming - trance - sleep - coma - death. When you have this state you feel like a wave of heat come into you and it's really pleasurable experience.

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 28 Mar 2015 13:18

Sounds like you're talking about dream incubation, which gets a bum rap in lucid dreaming circles in my opinion. This has been the main source of practice in dreams for me. The only downside is it seems to produce only a semi-lucidity for me. Not fully lucid, but just enough to stay focused on my goal.

That's pretty much what the incubation is, to lock your intent or attention on your goal and not let it move away. To me, meditation is training yourself to hold your attention on one thing without waivering. Is that at all similar to what you leaned to do in martial arts?

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Mar 2015 21:45

I use it all the time but dont think its effective for lucid dreaming but the theme comes in a lot of the vivid dreams and its useful for that reason
If I want to do something in a lucid then i just get on with it and see how far I get. Thats why I like WILD as its easy to keep a goal in mind and have a go.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 28 Mar 2015 23:32

The Cusp wrote:Sounds like you're talking about dream incubation

You are talking about trance (from hypnosis) don't you ?

I have no idea what it is called, it's just something I naturally do from time to time. It seemed worth while to mention it as an option for those who want to preform specific dream goals.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Apr 2015 14:04

Yeah dream incubation its called. It works for some, it doesn't work for me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”