HELP!!!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
speed5019

HELP!!!!!

Postby speed5019 » 12 Mar 2015 20:54

I have been trying WILD and FILD already for more than 2 days. I never can get into hypnogogic state, I never see anything besides the things I make up. FILD doesn''t work even though I tried it more then once. What happens is that i cant concentrate as hard on my fingers so they automatticly stop and I fall asleep. As for WILD its driving me crazy that its not working for me. This is what I do. I follow the steps like I need to but maybe im doing something wrong, plz say if i am. First i relax, and YES i do relax very well. In fact im pro at that. I dont move anything except sometimes my eyes move by themselves or try to open. What happens next drives me CRAZY!!!! I cant get into body paralysis and im assuming this because I dont see any hallucinations or hear any made up sounds. I WANT to!!! Why? Because that would mean progress. I dont swallow and i breathe perfectly. My legs and hands go numb after a while and i cant feel them but thats as far as I get. Then all that happens is I lay there all numb without any hallucinations or hypnogogic imagery. This can last up to 2 hours but i still dont get any imagery or hallucinations. Can someone tell me exactly how paralysis feels besides saying " like a lead blanket" cuz i dont understand that. Please tell me what im doing wrong so i can start having lucid dreams. And if you really have time please describe step-by-step instructions to lucid dreaming besides copying from the 100 sites I read. I just need someone experienced who had lucid dreams before to tell me how they achieve all this. And yes, all the rules i see in all the sites, I FOLLOW THEM. So if please dont waste your time telling me I should wake up after 4-6 hours or not move or not think about anything because I know all that and i do it.

Please tell me something I dont know, it would help a lot.

taniaaust1

Re: HELP!!!!!

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Mar 2015 08:32

And if you really have time please describe step-by-step instructions to lucid dreaming besides copying from the 100 sites I read.
100 sites :D

Firstly not everyone gets into a hypnogogic state or sleep paralyses before having a LD, you may be a person who doesn't get HI or SP.

I have been trying WILD and FILD already for more than 2 days.

Did you learn to walk in under 2 days.... If you'd read the amount of sites you say you have or even just one good site some, you will be well aware that most individuals are not usually instantly having LDs in just 2 days. I suggest to actually spend time reading at least one LD website. To not know something this basic, means you would have huge gaps in your knowledge of LD.

Then all that happens is I lay there all numb without any hallucinations or hypnogogic imagery. This can last up to 2 hours but i still dont get any imagery or hallucinations

You are body relaxing well but you aren't mentally relaxing well enough. You need to mentally relax so the subconsciousness can start to create images, dream or otherwise. You may be so focused on trying to get images that its working against you. To LD you must be also relaxed enough mentally to go to sleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Pika?

Postby Pika? » 16 Mar 2015 08:41

WILD is pretty tough to nail, almost impossible for beginners. I think you should do MILD/WBTB combo. MILD itself is a great technique for beginbers and experienced alike.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 16 Mar 2015 09:44

I cant get into body paralysis and im assuming this because I dont see any hallucinations or hear any made up sounds. I WANT to!!! Why? Because that would mean progress. I dont swallow and i breathe perfectly. My legs and hands go numb after a while and i cant feel them but thats as far as I get. Then all that happens is I lay there all numb without any hallucinations or hypnogogic imagery. This can last up to 2 hours but i still dont get any imagery or hallucinations. Can someone tell me exactly how paralysis feels besides saying " like a lead blanket" cuz i dont understand that.

#1 you don't need to enter SP to WILD - that's just a false claim. If you enter muscle atonia while really awake you'll have no dreams or HI to go with it -so forget SP altogether. You should also forget the body altogether too, it's the mind that needs to be relaxed yet alert to enter WILDs.

#2 If you see HI you're unlikely to experience SP

#3 SP is more likely a special dream type than actually REM Muscle Atonia which it is claimed to be. In real waking MA one experiences an electrical pulsing originating at the base of the skull and one can feel it moving down ones back through every nerve even the tiniest. SP has a lot of signals that it's a dream state the buzzing noise, hammering ticking noise for one is caused by the hammer and stirrup in the ear which vibrate only in REM.

#4 Have seen hypnagogia all my life and had Spontaneous WILDs before I knew what the hell they were. I did not figure it out until II had one lasting all night with a double false awakening at the end. After that it took me three days to figure out how to do intentional all night WILDs and I did them non-stop for two years before getting bored with them - mine always had combos of dreams fallowed by nightmares and yes, I was stuck in an all night nightmare - so be careful what you wish for.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “For Beginners”