Hello everyone!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Pika?

Hello everyone!

Postby Pika? » 13 Mar 2015 19:19

Hi! Im from Bangladesh and I'm 18 years old and a student. I am a beginner lucid dreamer. I started to practice lucid dreaming since February 2012 (after watching Inception), but after a couple of months I was too lazy to write down dreams in my Journal xD. However, I started being serious from November 2013. Till now, I had 49 lucid dreams out of the 185 dreams I wrote down, most of them by WBTB, MILD.

Most of my lucid dreams are short-lived, more like 'a moment of lucidity' and then I forget that I'm lucid. But there were a few in which I held on lucidity for quite a while, trying to pull off stunts like flying, firing a Kamehameha (lol), changing scene etc. So far I've succeeded on amateur flying i.e floating by flapping my arms like an idiot xD. My next lucid goals are to drive my dream car, to change the scene to a certain place and talking to dream characters and the Inner Self.

I use the Awoken app for writing down my dreams. I have used Lucidity app too for quite some time. Its also good, but too bad it doesn't have cloud storage. I also have my old dream diary as a backup.

Other than Lucid dreaming, I like cars and Heavy Metal \m/.

So thats it! Im very excited by joining the forum and look forward to learn a lot about lucid dreaming! Thank you!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

ryanm888

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby ryanm888 » 14 Mar 2015 07:12

Congratulations on the successful lucid dreams! Thats awesome, I hope further down the line I'm as successful at L.D as you :3 I've only ever had 2 lucid dreams (one was before I even knew what lucid dreaming was lol) The 2nd...well it lasted a mere 6 Seconds in total before waking up from excitement haha.

What did you find helped you succeed the most? Or what worked best for you?
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

Pika?

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Pika? » 14 Mar 2015 08:45

Well, WBTB technique works really well. Combine it with MILD and your chances increases exponentially. Dream journaling and reality checking is a must. Set a few goals to achieve in ur lucid dreams. And I believe that patience and motivation is the key. you might fail in the first few attempts, but dont be frustrated. Dr Stephen LaBerge says that if a beginner gets frustated by his efforts then he wont be able to succeed. If u believe u can do it, then u can do it and vice versa.

Another thing that might help is the sleep and dream knowledge. u will understand why we dream, when we dream and also the nature of the dreams: the reasons why we accept dream as reality when we are dreaming. Then u will understand how the different lucid dreaming technique works and that knowledge is crucial e.g. u can't succeed in WBTB if u have no idea what REM cycle is. Besides, gathering knoowledge also makes u more interested in the topic and increase the desire to a subconscious level, i think.

As for me, It took me more than a month to have my first split second of lucidity. But ever since I started practicing seriously (about 1year 7months after I first started) ive been having lucid dreams at least once a month, usually 2-3 per month mostly by WBTB, MILD and a few accidental LDs.

Thats pretty much everything I got. Im not really an expert tho, i have a hell of a lot to learn myself xD.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”