My Freddy Krueger Nightmare

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Cloud 9

My Freddy Krueger Nightmare

Postby Cloud 9 » 13 Mar 2015 20:00

I went to bed late, and had a lot going thru my mind.

The Dream:
I'm in a big school hallway, it's late night and I find myself in charge of overseeing a bunch of lethal criminals. I'm assigned to watch Freddy, and I think to myself 'really, out of everyone I get this guy?'
He gave me a bad vibe as soon as I saw him. We had tables set up for them to stand behind and do whatever activity we had for them. My assistant lady goes and puts a knife and maybe fork on his table.
I'm like :shock:

I get a terrible feeling about all this, and as I start to walk down the hallway, he takes the knife and kills my assistant! Then he starts coming for me. I immediately start running down the hall towards the big entrance doors. I get the sense as I get close to them that they will be locked and I will be trapped, so I gather my steps and kick the right door as hard as I can. It opens! I get out and run.

I run, and I run, and I run. I keep running. I never look back. I just run as fast as I can.

Suddenly my live body in bed becomes conscious of my heavy breathing. I tune into how hard I'm breathing, and realize it was just a dream. I know I missed an opportunity to lucid, but I was so glad it wasn't real.

Now for the interpretation.
I have had a very important issue lingering in my life for about 12 years now. And I've always ran away from it. Last night, the reason I couldn't sleep is because this issue resurfaced and I couldn't make sense of it. I thought about running away from it again, but at this point I am so tired of running and never getting anywhere.

Then surprise surprise I have this nightmare about running away from something. Mind you I NEVER have nightmares anymore.

Why did I keep running? Obviously I'm deathly afraid of this thing I'm running from.. why didn't my subconscious tell me to face it in my dream like I was beginning to think of facing this issue in real life that night?

Am I not ready to face it, and accept it?
I will not stop. I will not quit. The universe has no option but to process my request. I am a man possessed.

taniaaust1

Re: My Freddy Krueger Nightmare

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2015 17:31

Why did I keep running? Obviously I'm deathly afraid of this thing I'm running from.. why didn't my subconscious tell me to face it in my dream like I was beginning to think of facing this issue in real life that night?

Probably cause you are still scared of that thing even though you've decided to face it in real life. If the fear of the situation is still there, you may find yourself running in the dream till you get over the fear of the situation or thing. Dreams also can intensify our fears in them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”