Why do I keep having dreams about my ex from years ago?!

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Allyk47

Why do I keep having dreams about my ex from years ago?!

Postby Allyk47 » 14 Mar 2015 04:59

Topic sentence says it all.... maybe one of you experienced interpreters can shed some light.

Pretty regularly (once a month or so) for the past year... and sporadically for a year or so before that....I've had dreams about an ex of mine in particular. I guess you could say I liked him more than I liked most of my exes. But things never got really serious between us (his doing, obviously). And eventually we parted ways because he didn't want much more than a casual relationship, and I did. And that pretty much sucked.

So we went our separate ways, that was that, we said no hard feelings, never spoke again.

That was 5 years ago.

My life has changed significantly since then. I have a kid now so my taste in guys has changed dramatically. I now want a more stable person as a mate. Back when he and I used to talk, he had a baby(he now has like 2 or 3) which he did NOT take care of, and back then, I was young and stupid, I didn't care, I didn't want a kid around anyway. I was glad the kid lived with his mom. NOW, now that I have one, I am not in any way attracted to him as a person and even if he came to my doorstep apologizing and asking for a rematch, I'd say no way. He's a horrible father and not at all what 'grown up' me is looking for.

So why do I keep having dreams where he presents as a dream character? What is up with that?... Do I need to resolve something?... Maybe something about past feelin'z? Maybe talk to him and get closure and find out what it was about me that made him never want anything more? ...

Or is it some kind of weird metaphor?

ANY input, even just opinions, greatly appreciated.

Aria

Re: Why do I keep having dreams about my ex from years ago?!

Postby Aria » 14 Mar 2015 23:01

I'm not particularly experienced with interpretation, but I'd have to say it depends on what he's like in the dream (if he's like himself/in character or not). Also, if you are in a new relationship, it may be your mind sort of trying to compare the pros and cons of the new one with the one you had with him. If he's not really like himself or the dream is just weird and confusing, it's probably more symbolic than anything (maybe not personal).

Just some thoughts.

Allyk47

Postby Allyk47 » 15 Mar 2015 04:06

You googled it :P

I did, too, lol, and that's what I turned up with.

But thank you for your effort, I appreciate it.

No new relationship, really.
And yeah, I guess he's 'himself' in the dreams. Aside from the fact that wanting us to be together is not like the 'himself' I knew back when. :roll:

Aria

Postby Aria » 16 Mar 2015 07:21

I'm caught. Lol. Eh, I figure that's the only help I could give, as your dreams probably have more personal meaning/significance anyway. So yea, if they keep bothering you I suggest writing them down and then reading them later, maybe you'll find something.

Good luck~!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2015 17:38

So why do I keep having dreams where he presents as a dream character? What is up with that?... Do I need to resolve something?... Maybe something about past feelin'z? Maybe talk to him and get closure and find out what it was about me that made him never want anything more? ...

Or is it some kind of weird metaphor?

Its near impossible for anyone to tell you what these dreams could mean why you haven't actually properly shared at least one of these dreams with us (the more details the easier it is to maybe figure out). He could be representing yourself or something else or anything..

Think of him as a symbol for something and what he may represent.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”