Immediate Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ryanm888

Immediate Dreams?

Postby ryanm888 » 14 Mar 2015 04:59

Hey Guys!

Ok so I've been interested in lucid dreaming over the last couple of months, been practicing my techniques and had 1 (Near-Lucid) Dream, it was hella kool even though I didn't reach full lucidity :-)

I have been doing my share of research and I've come to the understanding that "Dreaming" occurs when in the REM stage of sleep which occurs around 90 minutes after falling asleep? Yet a couple of days ago i had a bit of free time at work and decided to take a nap (For rest, not for lucid dreaming) I had set an alarm for exactly an hour after I lay down to rest, and literally no more than 20 minutes had past and I was in a full blown dream! I had perfect recollection of this dream as well, very clear and vivid.

I checked my phone to see how long I had been sleeping, then realised id been asleep for only 20 minutes and having Vivid Dreams?

Has anybody else experienced this? I don't think I'm sleep deprived and I don't think this was Hypnogogic Imagery either. Any feedback will be much appreciated as I'm very confused lool :?
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

HAGART

Re: Immediate Dreams?

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2015 05:28

It happens a lot.
Are you certain you get a full night's rest in this fast paced, busy working world? Or trying to function with horrendous school hours? I think few people actually do and all are a little sleep deprived. Sometimes I wake up and feel refreshed, but can sleep another hour easily if I could. You can dream quite quickly and they tend to be the most vivid too because of longer, deeper REM and a little dose of serotonin from the daylight.

You waking up and going back to sleep was really just an extended "Wake Back to Bed".
I don't have lucid naps, but have heard many others here can get them.

That's my two cents anyway.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ryanm888

Postby ryanm888 » 14 Mar 2015 05:42

Really appreciate the quick feedback Hagart!

That was my first thought too about being sleep deprived, but I usually get a solid 7-8 hours, but maybe I need more rest due to my hectic working shedule? lol

But since my dreams was so vivid & immediate i think ive found my preferred method to practice lucid dreaming lol Been trying for a few months to LD but even though i havent "got there" yet, im really enjoying the process of it all.

Are you a regular lucid dreamer hagart?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Mar 2015 07:14

ryanm888 wrote:Are you a regular lucid dreamer hagart?

Let's just say, it's rare for me to go an entire week without one.

ryanm888 wrote:I usually get a solid 7-8 hours

Well, is it 7 or is it 8? 1 hour can make a big difference. ;)
If you are use to 8 hours sleep, and only get 7 your body may easily be able to sleep for another hour.
If you haven't heard of it, look up what REM Rebound is, or The Cycle Adjustment Technique:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/cycle-adjustment-technique.html

For me, I tend to get little sleep one day (5-6 hours), and make up for it the next (8-9 hours), and as a result those days I sleep more tend to make up for the lack of sleep the previous day. If I sleep in, or at a time when I am usually awake, my mind is more alert because of the routine. The body is asleep, but the mind is awake and alert because it's the time of day it should be active again.

I'm just going on talking about myself now... but anyway, don't be surprised how much even 1 hour difference can make. (In fact it's been reported that during daylight savings time, just because of that one hour shift, there are many more car accidents. Don't underestimate the power of the body's will to sleep.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ryanm888

Postby ryanm888 » 14 Mar 2015 07:37

Wow! Hopefully with enough patience ill be able to have LD's as often as you :3 (even though recalling regular dreams is still fun)

On a Good day its 8, on a bad day its 7 :P although its probably even less than that because I sometimes have trouble sleeping (although since learning about LD it has majorly improved)

And thanks for the link & detailed response :D Much appreciated! ill get back to you soon, off to do some research haha,

Thanks Hagart.

Allyk47

Postby Allyk47 » 14 Mar 2015 22:59

Yeah, whatever you read about LD's or dreams in general only being possible after the 90-minute mark or whatever, It all seems to be crap, in my opinion. Maybe it takes that long for a specific QUALITY of dreams, I don't know, but what I do know, is that bedtime WILDs (or wbtb wild's, for that matter) wouldn't be a thing if that were true.

I can't count how many times I've stayed up late until I was incredibly tired.... and fallen into 'false awakening' type dreams where I thought I was still sitting up sleepily, only with a friend who wasn't actually there, or in a different location. So on and so forth. Also fallen into just totally random and weird dreams while sitting up tired.

And I've also successfully executed a small few bedtime WILDs. It's very possible, if not common.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2015 12:08

I have been doing my share of research and I've come to the understanding that "Dreaming" occurs when in the REM stage of sleep which occurs around 90 minutes after falling asleep?

That's quite untrue. One of the best times I find for doing LDs is doing 60-90min afternoon nap, sometimes I have gone into the LD immediately during those.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”