The journey of an inexperienced.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Limeth

The journey of an inexperienced.

Postby Limeth » 14 Mar 2015 07:53

Hello, dreamers.
I am a student, born in 1997, 17 years old at the time I'm writing this.
In December 2013, I've heard about lucid dreaming in an unrelated YouTube video. At the time, Inception has already been my favorite movie. This is when my journey of involvement began. Fascinated, I watched many YouTube videos about this excitingly interesting topic and read several tutorials and explanations as well. 3 months after, I did a presentation for my English class about lucid dreaming (I believe you could tell my mother tongue isn't English). I tried to learn to induce lucid dreams through MILD and DILD, and started my dream journal, because my recall was terrible. I could not achieve any LDs, my dream journal consisted of only 5 dream fragments and I slowly forgot about this habit.
In December 2014, I think I've recalled a dream which reminded me of my long forgotten habit and I resurrected it by looking up more information, interesting EEG devices and YouTube videos. I've stumbled upon GizEdward's YouTube channel and his videos fascinated me. I had the luck to find about his channel right when he started the "Dream as I dream" series in January 2015, so I began to follow his lead.
I still struggle with dream recall so much, that I remember just about one dream per week. I changed my sleep schedule so I go to bed at 22:00 and wake up at 6:00 and I try to maintain my dream journal via the "lucidity" Android app as well. Last week I could remember 3 of my dreams, so they are in the journal. Since I've started watching the series, I've also tried several LD induction via WILD and DEILD, and I began to maintain regular reality checks. I have not had any LDs yet.

I find the dream world fascinating, because sleep occupies one third of our lives. Making it more enjoyable would make a huge difference of how we live and enjoy our daily life. I plan to update this topic when I progress with my journey.

Thanks for reading. :)
Throwing away your dreams means throwing away 20% of your life.

Limeth

Re: The journey of an inexperienced.

Postby Limeth » 21 Mar 2015 20:15

Still having very little luck with dream recall, haven't remembered a single dream in a week. Nevertheless, I am going to try WILD again tonight. I'm also planning to try extracting galantamine to check out the effects and how it might affect/help me.

Edit: Okay, WILD didn't work out; I fell asleep. I could remember some of my dreams, though.

Limeth

Postby Limeth » 16 Apr 2015 16:41

I've experienced my first lucid dream last weekend!
In the dream, while explaining what lucid dreams are to a DC, I suddenly noticed I had a hard time counting my fingers (reality check). I counted 6 fingers on my left hand. It was as if my brain couldn't figure out that the fifth finger is a thumb, but knew that there was something like a thumb. :D
The main thing I regret now is that I couldn't remember the dreams because of how excited I was when the dream ended and I woke up. I think that all I did was fly around the building I was in and then fly outside. I think I lost lucidity soon after I flew outside. But hey - at least I didn't wake up right when I noticed I was dreaming like last time.

Limeth

Postby Limeth » 10 May 2015 07:30

I decided to try a lucid dreaming supplement, so I ordered Lucidimine (contains galantamine).

I went to bed at 11:30 pm and set my alarm clock to 3:40 am. When I woke up, I had a glass of water and Lucidimine ready. Swallowing the pill caused a rush of adrenaline to occur. It was a psychological thing, I normally avoid taking any pills of any sort, so I was kind of hyped and stressed about it at the same time. The adrenaline completely woke me up and I didn't fall back to sleep.
On the other hand, it's 8:30 am and I can safely say I'm not experiencing any side effects.

Let's hope it will work out the next time.

Limeth

Postby Limeth » 12 May 2015 20:53

It did. After 2 hours of inability to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night, I managed to dream for about the remaining 2 hours. I didn't get lucid, though; got to work on that! I'm trying to keep up several RCs with hands, so I'll see. It seems that I have to work on my meditation skills, because I just can't keep the excitement out of my head when falling asleep after taking Lucidimine. I've never really been into meditation after all.

xI GENGAR Ix

Postby xI GENGAR Ix » 13 May 2015 16:48

Hey Limeth
Iv been practising LD'ing for over a year now and i have roughly 2 a month but recently iv tried napping in the day.Due to me working nights my sleeping routine sucks.....so if your lifestyle allows you nap in the day then try it because now im having 2 or 3 a week which im loving.
Also hand reality checks are really good.....i have finger tattoos and i check them all the time and then when im in a dream i check my finger tatts and when they are not there i go insane and fly and eat nice cakes and other unmentionable stuff lol
Lucid Dreams = 25

Limeth

Postby Limeth » 15 May 2015 16:18

xI GENGAR Ix wrote:Hey Limeth
Iv been practising LD'ing for over a year now and i have roughly 2 a month but recently iv tried napping in the day.Due to me working nights my sleeping routine sucks.....so if your lifestyle allows you nap in the day then try it because now im having 2 or 3 a week which im loving.
Also hand reality checks are really good.....i have finger tattoos and i check them all the time and then when im in a dream i check my finger tatts and when they are not there i go insane and fly and eat nice cakes and other unmentionable stuff lol

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. I think I've heard about it that getting a nap is an easy way to dream, but the last time I've intentionally done this was about 10 years ago. Thanks again for reminding me, I will definetly try that!

Dream on~

Return to “Introduce Yourself”