Still Trying

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
jimmyjames

Still Trying

Postby jimmyjames » 15 Mar 2015 07:49

I had a semi-lucid dream last night, while I was attempting to do WILD. Every time I woke up and began counting my breaths to stay focused (I read this was a good technique), I would lapse back into non-lucid dreaming where I was counting something else. I found this incredibly frustrating; Now I realised that I should've constantly reminded myself that I'm dreaming when I was in that state instead of counting my breaths, as I would've lapsed back into a lucid dream them.

Anyway, I did have a dream where I was trying to walk/drive up a very narrow path that wound into the sky, and ended at a massive bright crescent moon symbol (I created a symbol for lucid dreaming a while ago that involved a crescent moon) I kept falling off this path at extremely high places, and experiencing extreme vertigo. After I fell from a particularly high point, I woke up slightly, and realised that I had been dreaming, and then willed myself to return to that scene. My vision was very blurry and I tried to feel the path in order to increase dream stability, but I fell off again. In hindsight I think this dream was symbolic of me in the early stages of attempting to lucid dream, being a beginner.

Any tips would be great

taniaaust1

Re: Still Trying

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2015 16:46

Even with the blurry vision, it sounds like you were extremely close of fully getting into a LD. The vision probably would of came in if you'd been able to stay there a bit longer.

You can next time try to bring in your vision faster, think "glasses" and reach into your pocket and pull out some glasses to put on. (You may be able to do that even if you cant see).

In hindsight I think this dream was symbolic of me in the early stages of attempting to lucid dream, being a beginner.

Yeah you are probably right, so entering a dream in which you were on this path which you already had fallen off several times, it may of been hard to change doing that in this dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jimmyjames

Re: Still Trying

Postby jimmyjames » 17 Mar 2015 07:45

Thanks! I'll keep those tips in mind for tonight :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”