Hi everyone

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Seth94

Hi everyone

Postby Seth94 » 16 Mar 2015 12:14

Hello, I am an aspirant lucid dreamer. I'm italian, so I apologize for eventual grammar mistakes. I've been trying to achieve lucid dreaming since three months, but I sought it for years with several endavours that at some point i was forced to interrupt. So I'm not a novice and I know every technique. But although my efforts, I just earned some brief Dild and several Wilds and Milds. But a months is passed since my last lucid dream, so I'm now in stall.

I was seeking information about meditation ad its role in lucid dreaming. I started to practice, ten minutes morning and ten minutes before bed time. I'm also practicing ADA for some hours a day.
I'm doing this for about two weeks, but I still do not have results. I wanted to ask you:
How does meditation relate to lucid dreaming?
Is enough to sit down in silence without thinking anything else, or I have to think something about lucid dreaming?
How long does it takes before ADA starts to work in dreams? Is enough to practice a couple of hours a day? I always considered impossible to keep mind focused on EVERYTHING all day long.
Is ADA a technique designed exclusively for those who have no distractions, work, study ect? Is possoble practicing ADA even with a busy lifestyle? Thanks. :D

Pika?

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Pika? » 16 Mar 2015 14:47

I tried ADA for a couple of days before giving up. It seemed near impossible for me too be alert all the time, especially when I have pressing matters in my life,like exams and many other. I think that ADA is actually for a buddhist monk-like tension free lifestyle

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Mar 2015 19:37

Meditation can help you to focus and can strengthen memory. Because of that, self-awareness is reinforced. Even when one gets lost in thought self-awareness will perennially resurface.

But you must do it right. Get yourself into a comfortable position, close your eyes and relax. Don't worry so much about what is happening in your mind at first. Start by spending sometime relaxing your muscles. If it helps, focus on your breathing and count slowly in your head. (100 is a good number to stop at.)

Do not try to empty your mind straight away or you will have a hard time. The mind is naturally 'noisy.' Try to focus on a single something in your head. (I find that an object works well with me. You can visualise it in your head but don't worry if you don't see it - thinking about it will suffice.)

Focus on this object in your head and be sure to regard this as a fun and interesting exercise. You may notice that your mind will tend to drift off or other thoughts seemingly compete for your attention. This will tend to happen but remain calm and do not get cross with yourself. In fact, noticing that you tend to drift off is a sign that the exercise is working!

When you notice that other thoughts have led you astray, simply and calmly bring your focus back to the object (or thing you have chosen). Do this everytime you get mentally lost and as many times as it takes. Don't worry about how long it's taking. You may start to notice images or even lucid dreamlets. Don't worry if these are ephemeral or escape you when you attempt to seize them with your attention. Back to the object (back to base).

Eventually you will notice a strange shift in consciousness and perception of your body may disappear. Hallucinations such as sounds, light or vibrations may manifest. Try to amplify these sensations in your head. When they reach a peak you can either visualise yourself lucidly entering the dream world or you may try getting up and out of bed (or an out-of-body technique) to find yourself in a dream replica of your abode.

This is a meditative exercise which can lead to lucid dreaming and that's how the two relate. Good luck! 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Seth94

Postby Seth94 » 17 Mar 2015 16:26

Thank you very much! I now got much clearer ideas about meditation. But can someone go deeper about Ada and explain me his own experience and especially, if it's true that ADA must be practiced all day long, or if a couple our a day would be enough to get results in dream?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”