WBTB tips please

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Pika?

WBTB tips please

Postby Pika? » 17 Mar 2015 07:15

Ok so I tried to do the WBTB in the morning.....I woke up in the early morning at 5:45, said my prayer, went for a walk(6:20), then had breakfast(6:50) then studied from 7:00 upto 7:45 then went to sleep again. I was a bit sleepy, but as I lay on my back I just couldn't sleep- seemed like I was sleepy but still wide awake in my mind. Then I thought maybe i could do a WILD! Well, I think I was almost succeeding, but when I visualize my lucid dream, I can't enter it. On the other hand, when my mind drifts off thinking about something it becomes a dream, then I suddenly remember that its a dream and immediately the dream breaks off.

Later on I relaxed my muscles and then I had a feeling that my body is a bit inclined at a side, my head is also inclined towards one side, my wrist were twisted etc. I thought that it was a good sign I'm finally losing awareness of my body. But i couldn't immerse my self in the feeling, rather i found out that i was forcefully trying to amplify the feeling which caused my heartbeat to increase and kept me too alert. Overall, the experience was this- I was sleepy, wanted to go to sleep, but in a trance like state where my mind was wide awake.

Still at the end, I almost succeeded on the wild, I felt that I was sat up in my bed and and was about to stand up, but my eyes were squinted. I couldn't see much. So thought that if I open my eyes then I will be successful. So I opened my eyes (kind of forcefully), and woke up. SHIT

Later I had a shitty non lucid dream. I was in a car race. I was in the drivers seat, about to drive my black BMW M5. But as the race started my vision switched to 3rd person view. SHIT

Was I too awake for WBTB?? or I did everything more or less correctly and needed a bit of luck?? I had LDs with WBTB before, quite a lot of them. But I also had my share of failures. Even if I succeeded I didn't know why I succeeded, sometimes when I succeeded I tried to replicate the process the next day, which failed. So, yeah I need help.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Peter

Re: WBTB tips please

Postby Peter » 18 Mar 2015 19:26

relax and don nothing, if you can just observe the dream will come to you with WILD. sounds like you were so close but forced it and then lost it, its a key point and you might fail hundreds of times but also get some success and learn how to make the transitions so keep at it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Re: WBTB tips please

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2015 02:28

Pika? wrote:Was I too awake for WBTB?? or I did everything more or less correctly and needed a bit of luck??

You are on the right track and its just a case of needing more experience. You are just still working out what I call finding the sweet spot. The ideal state to be in for a WILD, the point between focus and the able to allow yourself to drift, so a dream can form.

[/
Still at the end, I almost succeeded on the wild, I felt that I was sat up in my bed and and was about to stand up, but my eyes were squinted. I couldn't see much. So thought that if I open my eyes then I will be successful. So I opened my eyes (kind of forcefully), and woke up. SHIT

Lack of experience caused you to not succeed. I suggest to NEVER try to kind of forcefully try to open your eyes unless you want to actually wake up. Think about this... that's a technique FOR WAKING UP eg concentrate on a body part and try to forcefully move it.. and you made that mistake right at the very start of a LD or OBE starting to occur. I doubt you are going to allow yourself to make that mistake a second time 8-)

What I do when I find myself in that situation is I do not try to open my eyes (never by force, they should open naturally and easily like) until I've actually left my bedroom (by that point I usually find my dream eyes have actually opened themselves!! if you don't think about this too much you should just start seeing without thinking about it).

or I just start doing things (like a blind person would lol) and not thinking about this.. anyway, they will open themselves if you don't go dwelling on it.

Anyway, try leaving your bedroom next time (even if you have to feel your way out of there) before worrying about what your eyes are doing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”