Lost control

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
matthew2408

Lost control

Postby matthew2408 » 18 Mar 2015 10:03

Hey!

I dreamt recently i was at work. walking up a stair well in my scrubs ( i work at a hospital ) everything was identical apart from one painting which was different. i then realised i was dreaming! and became lucid.

I have lucid dreamt many times before but this time is the only time i couldnt control it. i was sucked down... felt like a force was pushing me to the floor... people in my dream was just carrying on their day without realising i was laying there fighting the fact im awake in my dream.

Everything became fuzzy and slow and i woke up! pissed off to say the least.

has anyone else had this or can anyone recommend a technique in controlling the lucid dream state..

i do find spinnign around works for me. but this time i had no chance.

astrovineyard

Re: Lost control

Postby astrovineyard » 18 Mar 2015 19:59

Yes, I have had this experience. In fact, ever since I stopped having sleep paralysis as a kid, my extremely rare experiences go like this:

1. It is pleasant, mild, brief and not scary, but I fail to capitalize on the opportunity.

2. I sense a nightmare is ABOUT to happen and automatically jerk awake, before any lucid opportunities present themselves.

3. If I DO get that "stuck/pulled-or-pressed-down-heavy-feeling/trapped" sensation, I immediately panic and try to move or simply WILL myself awake, but am temporarily trapped there for 1-3 seconds, not nearly as long, scary, or with as many hallucinations (like loud buzzing) as when I was a kid, which I figure is because I mastered the art of achieving wakefulness without having to endure an epic terrifying helpless panic-stricken battle. I don't know if there is an objective measure of the level or severity (strength and duration) that exists, or mental/physical will to break free - meaning, is my paralysis weak or is my will strong? What determines the relative strength of these?

In any case, I wake up before I can, or realize I should, reconsider struggling and take advantage of it. And since it happens so infrequently - and if I try to induce it I pay for it with bouts of insomnia! - I never get a change to practice, improve and experience all that lies beyond....

:(

taniaaust1

Re: Lost control

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2015 13:16

matthew2408 wrote:Hey!

I dreamt recently i was at work. walking up a stair well in my scrubs ( i work at a hospital ) everything was identical apart from one painting which was different. i then realised i was dreaming! and became lucid.

I have lucid dreamt many times before but this time is the only time i couldnt control it. i was sucked down... felt like a force was pushing me to the floor... people in my dream was just carrying on their day without realising i was laying there fighting the fact im awake in my dream.

Everything became fuzzy and slow and i woke up! pissed off to say the least.

has anyone else had this or can anyone recommend a technique in controlling the lucid dream state..

i do find spinnign around works for me. but this time i had no chance.

In cases where you cant move (this can happen for various reasons), I suggest to use a dream character to help stabilise yourself back into it or to help you up in the dream.

To do this you could of tried calling out to the DCs walking by for help to get you up or you could of tried thinking of someone you have a strong connection to in real life and thinking of them being in the next room and of calling them to you for help and then just thinking about them coming in through the door to you.

When I need to stabilise myself in a LD, I've often brought an exboyfriend into my dreams and asked him to touch me. His touch then helps greatly with dream stabilization.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”