Is this a Near Death Expirience?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DarkDreams

Is this a Near Death Expirience?

Postby DarkDreams » 21 Mar 2015 21:07

In my dream: I saw my self lying at bed.My bedroom was dark( i was hearing loud noises).After a couple of sec my body was rising up and i was so afraid that i was holding from my bed so i wont let my body rise up.After a some sec i said to my brain to stop this and after some time that thing stopped and i continiued my dream.

Was that A N . D . E ? :cry:

Should i let my body go?

jasmine2

Re: Is this a Near Death Expirience?

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Mar 2015 06:32

DarkDreams,
Your post indicates that you were in a dreamy state of consciousness in bed, and you were not in a truly life threatening situation. So I think you did not have a near death experience, but you were probably in the early phase of an out of body experience, which is something that thousands of people naturally experience one or more times in their lives.

People who've had many OBEs propose that this experience probably happens to everyone every night, at some point during sleep, but the memory is usually lost.

I suggest the following resources regarding out of body experiences and lucid dreaming.

- YouTube - "William Buhlman - The Out Of Body Experience 1/6"
by Lloyidum Underground
- Mr. Buhlman's book - "Adventures Beyond The Body"

- YouTube - "Robert Monroe's Out Of Body Experiences"
by greaterawarenesstv's channel
- Mr. Monroe's book - "Journeys Out Of The Body"

- YouTube - "Lucid Dreaming - Robert Waggoner 1/5
by Lloyidum Underground
- Mr. Waggoner's book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self"

- Websearch - "Past Issues from 2007 to 2014 - The Lucid Dream Exchange" - dreaminglucid.com
Scroll down to "2014 September - Fall Issue"
This issue includes several interesting articles comparing OBEs and lucid dreaming.

- Best Wishes - jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Mar 2015 13:51

No you weren't in a near death experience... those are experiences in which people have an OBE cause they have died for a short time or near death.

A person though can have an out of body experience (OBE) without it being a near death experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 26 Mar 2015 17:05

If I may, if you were hearing loud sounds and rising up (or sinking) then those are some of the classic sensations/hallucinations of sleep paralysis, which, some would argue is a separate phenomenon to lucid dreams and OBEs, can nevertheless be a gateway to them.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 27 Mar 2015 01:25

People who've had many OBEs propose that this experience probably happens to everyone every night, at some point during sleep, but the memory is usually lost.

Jasmine this is false. Having been Lucid the complete time I've slept on numerous occasions OBEs don't happen normally.

In my dream: I saw my self lying at bed.My bedroom was dark( i was hearing loud noises).After a couple of sec my body was rising up and i was so afraid that i was holding from my bed so i wont let my body rise up.After a some sec i said to my brain to stop this and after some time that thing stopped and i continiued my dream.

Were you in your body when it started to rise or outside it trying to stop it from going up?

Near Death Experiences happen only to those whom have clinically died and been returned to life. The Aware Study (which was a follow up to the Southampton Study conducted at multiple hospitals by doctors) found that OBE were only rarely associated with them. As for OBE one can do them or experience them while wide awake only some of them happen after or near death or while sleeping. Tibetan/Tantric OBE yoga (phowa) happens while wide awake and after intense breathing exercises that make one more awake and even conscious of ones "real body". In Tantric theory it's an energy body leaving and lucid dream yoga (Milam) is something entirely different.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “For Beginners”