Harnessing Momentum for Stability

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
The Cusp

Harnessing Momentum for Stability

Postby The Cusp » 23 Mar 2015 00:30

In my opinion, the absolute best way to stabilize a dream for anyone no matter what their beliefs or paradigm, is to use the power of momentum.

Any sort of brisk movement will generate a feeling of momentum. Running, jumping, throwing things, even spinning. Spinning generates a lot of momentum, but in my opinion can be disorienting, and I prefer use running. I used to use flying, but I tend to get carried away when I fly (no pun intended) and do nothing but for the entire duration of the lucid.

You can also speed up the process of falling asleep by using mental momentum. I like to imagine a single focal point in my mind, and then rush at int mentally. At it, around it, over it, by it, I keep zooming at it until I can actually feel myself moving. Before very long, a primitive landscape begins to emerge around my focal point, barely formed but there.

One I have that primitive landscape, I take as fast as I can in whatever direction I am facing. As I race along, I begin to dip down and make contact with the ground. I'll touch down and push off, and gradually bounce along, slowly increasing the frequency of contact with the ground like a stone skipping across the water. Before long, I find myself running>

Then I keep running until things are stable enough to stop. I've found its a good idea to pick up something along the way I can start swinging around if things are still unstable when I stop running. Preferably something with some heft which will generate momentum.

This article lends some support to the benefits of using momentum. By forcing a sense of movement, you activate the parts of the brain mentioned in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2575550/The-woman-leave-body-Student-sheds-light-strange-brain-activity-involved-body-experiences.html#ixzz3SJhWMa1z

jimmyjames

Re: Harnessing Momentum for Stability

Postby jimmyjames » 18 Apr 2015 07:05

This is really interesting! I'm gonna try it tonight.

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 20 Apr 2015 23:27

Thanks for posting the link
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 20 Apr 2015 23:35

The Cusp wrote:In my opinion, the absolute best way to stabilize a dream for anyone no matter what their beliefs or paradigm, is to use the power of momentum.

Any sort of brisk movement will generate a feeling of momentum.

This article lends some support to the benefits of using momentum. By forcing a sense of movement, you activate the parts of the brain mentioned in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2575550/The-woman-leave-body-Student-sheds-light-strange-brain-activity-involved-body-experiences.html#ixzz3SJhWMa1z

Interesting that the MRI shows some activity in the same areas on the right side of her brain, altho the left side is more dominant as far as neuroactivity.
Too bad they didn't state in the article whether the woman presenting w this pronounced ability is right or left handed. My guess is she's righthanded as the brain is "crosswired" w the left side controlling the right side of the brain.
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”