FILD help

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
jordan22

FILD help

Postby jordan22 » 24 Mar 2015 18:06

Hello, I just have a quick question. I have been trying the FILD technique and have been able to do it 4 times now with a RC, but once i realize that I am dreaming I find that it is really hard to sit up in bed or even open my eyes, then I end up just falling asleep or waking up. Any ideas? thanks!

jimmyjames

Re: FILD help

Postby jimmyjames » 25 Apr 2015 10:33

Firstly, I'm not really sure what you mean by a FILD.

But I do know what you mean by the problem with not being able to sit up/open your eyes.
I am have by no means mastered lucid dreaming at all, I'm quite the beginner, but I think using something for support to help pull yourself up is a good way of getting up (I did this last night in a dream). I've also heard of calling DCs (Dream Characters) into the room to help you up. You could also try instead of getting up out of the bed, believing you're able to fall through the bed.

As for the eye problem, which I too suffer, I don't yet have a solution. For me it's more of a double vision, cross-eyed thing. I think you have to believe that you can open your eyes, or better yet you don't need to open your eyes to see in a dream (think about it).

Hope this helps a bit :)

taniaaust1

Re: FILD help

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 May 2015 14:14

Firstly don't worry about the eyes, you don't need to open them to see as it isn't your physical body. When you move away from your body, I find I can usually see .. so try moving out of the room.

Try floating up out of your body.

or

Try a sudden summersault (this can be scary as it feels like one is going to roll out of bed but that catapults me into a dream.

or

imagine climbing something out of your body eg a rope and use it to pull you upwards.

ps the others DC idea is also a good one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”