What is this? Is it H.I or something else?....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ryanm888

What is this? Is it H.I or something else?....

Postby ryanm888 » 26 Mar 2015 06:58

Hey Everyone,

As Im relaxing and drifting into sleep, I see events like thoughts or mini day dreams, as if im watching a video clip from inside my head. These are usually very cloudy and have poor recollection of them (I mean ill wake up and remember seeing some form of day dream yet I can never remember it!) yet sometimes I’ll try to passively observe them but as soon as I do, they disappear and im fully aware and fully awake although still lay down with my eyes closed.
I don’t know if this is hypnogogic Imagery because im unsure if I have ever even experienced H.I, also I read that H.I is usually observable and is in pattern/shape form.
Any feedback on your views or what this is would be much appreciated.
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

Snaggle

Re: What is this? Is it H.I or something else?....

Postby Snaggle » 26 Mar 2015 09:35

As Im relaxing and drifting into sleep, I see events like thoughts or mini day dreams, as if im watching a video clip from inside my head. These are usually very cloudy

You're brain is just in an alpha wave state, the same as when just watching or imagining. I would say these are not HI as Hi can be clearly seen, heard, felt or smelt and your brain is in a theta wave state in general, though the HI, NREM LD and REM LD are all theta wave states combined with normal consciousness (alertness, reasoning and memory). These imaginings are related to HI though. HI can be: immobile images; streaming images 2d images; streaming 3d images or a combination of them. One can read books that are being generated out of HI; play video/PC games; create bodies and enter them all in HI. when one moves into NREM LD the images and sets become like being in a 3d movie or game. However if the dreamscape is limited these too could be just HI.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

ryanm888

Re: What is this? Is it H.I or something else?....

Postby ryanm888 » 26 Mar 2015 23:10

thanks for the reply snaggle! that actually makes sensse, when you mentioned about reading a book thats what the views from inside my head are like although more blurry and hard to remember,
"Ive been through Hell...It wasnt Hot enough" - Myself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”