Communicating with dead friend in my dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Shyla

Communicating with dead friend in my dreams

Postby Shyla » 26 Mar 2015 07:48

Hey, my name is Shay, I am a twenty year old law student from Canada. I have never taken part in any forum so please have mercy on me if I'm doing this wrong. I'm super unsure of how all this works but, I'm hoping someone can clear some things up for me. In January my friend passed away in a very sudden accident. Since then I have been having dreams about him which seemed normal because naturally I was thinking about him, until I started being able to actually discuss the situation with him. He acknowledges that he is dead and that it is a dream. We talk about the accident and our friends and even discuss seeing each other again the next time I am asleep. I have extremely vivid memories of these dreams and have never had this happen before. I usually am extremely sceptical of almost everything but, this is really freaking me out. If anyone could help explain this or help me to understand what is going on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shay

dreamstudent

Re: Communicating with dead friend in my dreams

Postby dreamstudent » 12 Apr 2015 23:02

Hi, idk why anyone hasn't posted on this yet it seems very interesting. No you shouldn't be worried. Of course this forum is completely opinion but I have also had dreams of dead relatives specifically NY aunt who died of cancer not long ago. We spoke and hugged and it was nice, it was lucid too but I don't think you should be worried. If you wanna get technical and take the magic out of the idea of real communication with them, technically your friend, my aunt, are projections that we made up but at the same time they could not be who knows. But its not weird. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2015 16:59

Maybe its real or maybe it's something your mind is making up to make you feel better.....

I too have had weird experiences with people who have died. When my grandfather died, a few nights later he appeared to say his final goodbye to me. I never seen him in a dream before or since. What is even stranger is the same night he appeared to me to say goodbye, it turned out he appeared to my sister to do the same thing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 14 Apr 2015 06:04

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe its real or maybe it's something your mind is making up to make you feel better.....

I too have had weird experiences with people who have died. When my grandfather died, a few nights later he appeared to say his final goodbye to me. I never seen him in a dream before or since. What is even stranger is the same night he appeared to me to say goodbye, it turned out he appeared to my sister to do the same thing.

that is very interesting! ive never had anything like that happen. but i wonder taniest if you went lucid and tried summoning him what hed say to you and do? would he even appear or is he gone forever ya know?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2015 13:12

dreamstudent wrote:that is very interesting! ive never had anything like that happen. but i wonder taniest if you went lucid and tried summoning him what hed say to you and do? would he even appear or is he gone forever ya know?

I wouldn't even attempt that as when one is in a LD, one is dreaming and hence its only mind creations. It was an astral experience when I had my grandfather visit me and unlike dreaming, I cant control the astral other then possibly try to go to another astrally. I cant make anyone to come astrally to me (of cause I can do that though easily if its a LD).

The properly passed over ones, are in place not accessable to us (I wasn't allowed into the light with my aunt) so I wouldn't even try to go there astrally.

It wouldn't surprise me if the deceased could actually make themselves seen in our dreams too (but dreams really aren't a place to play around with this as your mind will just create images if you are trying to bring people in).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”