Share Your Dream Signs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HAGART

Share Your Dream Signs

Postby HAGART » 26 Mar 2015 17:50

Many beginners are told to record their 'Dream Signs' and get to know them so well, that they can easily notice them in a dream to trigger lucidity. But what are they exactly? Everyone has their own personal recurring dream signs, and this would be a good place to share many of your examples you have used to provide a better understanding of what they are.

Dream signs don't have to be a specific object, person, event or setting. For me, my main dream sign is the general principle of Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, it will, and usually at the worst time.

I could provide an example later and hope to hear from others who've used dream signs to become lucid in a dream and share some of your stories. It would help explain by example exactly what they are and how they work to trigger lucidity for curious beginners.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Re: Share Your Dream Signs

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2015 12:10

Where I keep my dream journal it keeps track of the most common symbols in ones dreams. The order of what is most common in my dreams since 2012 is this

My 30 most Popular symbols in order from my most common

1. house
2. children
3. family
4. two
5. baby
6. toilet
7. car
8. food
9. boyfriend
10. child
11. mother
12. lucid dream
13. water
14. lost
15. fish
16. sister
17. daughter
18. Kastina
19. people
20. confusion
21. white
22. searching
23. upset
24. school
25. Injured
26. hospital
27. kill
28. angry
29.group
30. big

Some of the most common things in my dreams I wouldn't want to use to do reality checks at eg the colour white or every time I see "two" of something.

For a year or so I was using "toilet" to reality check at (it's easy to do reality checks in the toilet!) but for the past year, toilet has become far less common as one of my dream signs so for a current list if I just looked at my dreams for past 6mths, it would be much further down my list.

Food is very common symbol for me in my dreams and one which hasn't got less of in them over the past few years so I'm about to start doing my reality check at that as it would be an easy one to program doing checks with.

A baby which often appears in my dreams would be a good reality check sign but the issue for me with that one is I rarely see babies in real life as I'm mostly housebound and don't watch TV, so I wouldn't get into the habit of reality checking at babies, same with the mother, sister, Kastina, daughter, boyfriend, car, child, children, fish symbols for me (I don't see them enough in real life to be doing reality checks with those).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 27 Mar 2015 13:03

I don't know what my dream signs are because I've never really analyzed my dreams which i realize now i should've done two years ago when i joined this site. :? But i don't really have recurring dream objects and stuff, but kind of like the theme. Most days of the week i have dreams where i wake up confused and frightened. An example of what i mean would be the other night i dreamed i was in a populated city in america and walked into a small building in the middle of what i think was New York. I was asked to put on a surgical mask and i proceeded to do so. There were three masks hanging on the wall and they were all dirty, bloody and used. I put it on and followed my friend who started making a sandwich at a table. The bread was sloppy and gross, as was the tomato. I carried it to a man that was lying on a bed with blood on his face and he looked like he was on the brink of death. I dropped the sandwich and ran outside thinking "i can't do this". upon entering the room i knew he had Ebola and i had to help cure him. As i exited the building i felt i was getting sick with a runny nose and blurred vision. I ran over to a drinking fountain and splashed my face, looked around at the cloudy grey sky and the tall buildings, feeling instantly better and more clean. When i woke up i still felt nervous and scared, but that is a recurring feeling in my dreams. Sorry for the long read lol but basically can the theme of the dream be a dream sign?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2015 04:56

btifuldreamer wrote: When i woke up i still felt nervous and scared, but that is a recurring feeling in my dreams. Sorry for the long read lol but basically can the theme of the dream be a dream sign?

Feeling upset and confused can be used as a dream sign.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

charleskay

Postby charleskay » 29 Mar 2015 22:19

FRUITS
In your dreams, Find christian dreams interpretations, prayers, biblical knowledge of dreams and more. visit www.iyd.info

Xälos Prömythos

Xälos' Dream Signs

Postby Xälos Prömythos » 30 Mar 2015 01:52

- Slow running
- A person suddenly turns into another person

The first one, I imagine, is common among dreamers. It happens a lot to me. The second one is really frustrating!

For example, in one dream I was in bed with a girl I know. In the next scene, she was outside with me. So I start walking with her and all of a sudden she is another girl I dated years ago!
Fear kills the mind.

Fira

Postby Fira » 30 Mar 2015 04:06

Being in a group of people. Whether or not I know them doesn't seem to matter. A "group" consists of anywhere between three to thousands of people. (I had a dream I was at a party that took place in what seemed like an amusement park, and there was an overhead shot of literally thousands of people in the place.)

Right now, one of my dream signs is anything to do with The Sims 3.

Another one for me right now is anything to do with sex. Either I'm having sex or I'm witnessing others having sex.

Another dream sign is my mother.

On that note, another one is my two favorite cousins with whom I spent much time as a child.

And another is one of my best friends, whose name I won't use on here, so I'll just call him C.
----

Those are the ones I have right now, though by far, being in a group of people is my most prevalent, and is there in almost every dream. I've tried to get into the habit of doing extra reality checks anytime I'm in a group of people now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Mar 2015 19:22

- Being nude in public

I have an example from this morning:

I was in a room, and I felt like it was a hotel room and I was on a school trip away from home. I realized, I was only wearing a T-Shirt with no pants. I needed to find my pants and thought they must be outside in a car. How am I going to walk out there with no pants! :oops:

I thought to myself, "Not again! I hate when this happens in dreams." Then I realized, it didn't matter if people saw me because it's just a dream, so I have no need to feel embarrassed. Then I realized not only that, but there's no need to even find my pants at all and that's when I took control of the dream.

It doesn't happen very often, but I'd say about once a month I'll be semi-nude in a public place. I suppose that's one of my dream signs then isn't it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 Mar 2015 21:10

Rational Thinking
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Wanish

Postby Wanish » 31 Mar 2015 09:20

My most prominent dream sign is a female helper :) What does it mean? In my dreams i always get help from a girl. In my last dream i explored an old, creepy hospital with my crush.

Return to “For Beginners”