Awful Dream Cookies

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DataTunnel

Awful Dream Cookies

Postby DataTunnel » 27 Mar 2015 07:21

Had an interesting lucid experience the other night, though I was unsuccessful in my goal for the dream. Let me explain.
The dream began with me stepping into the bathroom of my current home. I flipped the light switch to turn it on, and no light came on. I found this strange and decided to do my usual RCs to determine if I was dreaming (I use the breathing through your nose while plugging it RC). Reality check was successful and I began the lucid experience.
I walk out of the bathroom and venture out the front door. I am now in the yard of my childhood home, it's day time and cloudy. My vision was a little blurry, so I said "clarity please" out loud a few times, which slowly worked. I then followed through with my lucid goal, which was to request that the dream (aka my subconscious) "show me something amazing". I said it out loud and sat on the grass. I looked up at the sky and it began to transition from day to night. I was just beginning to notice some stars when I became afraid that if I stayed still to long I would wake up. This was stupid in retrospect because I think the dream was actually going to show me something awesome and after I stood up from the ground (which was ridiculously difficult by the way) I completely lost my train of thought. Totally squandered the opportunity to witness some magical dream stuff.
I began walking to the front door of my house. I got there and there was a bag of chocolate chip cookies on the front porch. I got excited, and presumed that dream cookies would be delicious. I took a large bite of one of the cookies and it was super super terrible. Tasted like cardboard and was the driest thing I've ever eaten EVER in real life or in dream life. It was dry to the point that after I ate it I felt like I couldn't breathe so well. The cookie was so incredibly bad that I got distracted by it and lost lucidity.
To Summarize:
-I ask dream to show me something amazing, and it starts to, but I get distracted and wander off.
-Dream offers me extremely sub par cookies as a big FU :lol:
Just wanted to share this, thought it was funny.

taniaaust1

Re: Awful Dream Cookies

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2015 12:27

I've had that happen too with some dream food :D , I was highly disappointed one time when I went looking for an ice-cream and finally got one (and was very proud of myself for manifesting it).. only to find it didn't taste all that nice so I gave it to a DC who enjoyed it instead :lol: .

That's always the interesting thing about dream food, one never knows how it will taste till you bite into it.

You should be fine to stand still if you are intently watching something and hence paying attention to your dream. As long as you keep paying attention to the dream.. its fine.

It's just when people stop still doing nothing and stand there in uncertaincy, not knowing what to do so just thinking inside their head while not focused on their dream setting while they think, puts one at risk of loosing a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 27 Mar 2015 16:36

I've had food dreams before, too, but have never eaten in a dream.

I'm not sure if this is called, "manifestation" or not, but I have been able to "think" things like, "I want to touch it/him/her", and I have done so. Maybe it's sort of like giving myself permission to do something and it's like a reality check. I could do this when I had the Novadreamer and the other CDs, but I'm not able to do it now. :(

When I had the Novadreamer, my "dream signs" would be red, like a red book or the digital numbers on a clock.

DataTunnel

Postby DataTunnel » 28 Mar 2015 23:20

taniaaust1 wrote:It's just when people stop still doing nothing and stand there in uncertaincy, not knowing what to do so just thinking inside their head while not focused on their dream setting while they think, puts one at risk of loosing a dream.

Exactly! It's funny because I have a feeling that if I just stayed still I would've been fine. Then I became uncertain and stood up, which is where I went off my desired path. Needless to say, I blew it :lol: Next time, I'm going to be much more patient and actually give the dream a chance to respond to my request. Failed lucid dreams are frustrating but are a great way to learn I think.
It would seem, at least for me personally, that things in dreams don't usually happen instantly, it's much more gradual. If I'm trying to make something happen, such as a night to day transition or any dramatic change of setting, it never happens instantly, it's always a slow process. This is my theory on why lights don't work in dreams most of the time. It's an abrupt change that you're semi- asleep senses can't process, so you're mind just prevents it from happening.
Thanks for the response!

DataTunnel

Postby DataTunnel » 28 Mar 2015 23:30

Nickfan40 wrote:I've had food dreams before, too, but have never eaten in a dream.

I'm not sure if this is called, "manifestation" or not, but I have been able to "think" things like, "I want to touch it/him/her", and I have done so. Maybe it's sort of like giving myself permission to do something and it's like a reality check. I could do this when I had the Novadreamer and the other CDs, but I'm not able to do it now. :(

I have been able to materialize or "manifest" things as well, with pretty decent success. My method is usually to focus my vision on a point and keep it locked there while visualizing the object. Slowly, the outlines of the object appear and within a few seconds, there it is! But I have to keep my vision on that single point or I can't do it.
The funny thing about the cookies in my dream is that I didn't try to make them appear. They were just offered to me by my subconscious. I wasn't even thinking about food! I have a feeling my subconscious wanted me to eat the terrible cookies as a cruel joke, why else would it have placed them there so neatly, LITERALLY on my doorstep :D

When I had the Novadreamer, my "dream signs" would be red, like a red book or the digital numbers on a clock.

This is super interesting! I've never heard of a color acting as a dream sign. I'll have to keep an eye out in my own dreams for such things.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2015 05:23

DataTunnel wrote:It would seem, at least for me personally, that things in dreams don't usually happen instantly, it's much more gradual.

Another and I were discussing that not too long ago and for both of us we'd found that if bringing a DC into a dream, it always took several seconds before the person walked in. I haven't studied this though enough to say if that is the case for most others or not but it could well be.

If I'm trying to make something happen, such as a night to day transition or any dramatic change of setting, it never happens instantly, it's always a slow process. This is my theory on why lights don't work in dreams most of the time. It's an abrupt change that you're semi- asleep senses can't process, so you're mind just prevents it from happening.
Thanks for the response!

ummm interesting thought about the lights which don't go on. I have though turned on lights instantly with a click of my fingers but it was when I build up a bit of suspense over it first eg thinking about it first and how I'd get the light on before finally deciding what I'd try to do, so maybe I spent a few seconds doing that before I tried to do it with finger click.

if this time delay thing is what nearly always occurs with things in dreams, I suppose if the lights don't go on with just a flick of the light switch that banging the light switch for a few seconds could get those lights on (giving this time delay)?? (I'll have to play with light switches more).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DataTunnel

Postby DataTunnel » 29 Mar 2015 19:17

taniaaust1 wrote:if this time delay thing is what nearly always occurs with things in dreams, I suppose if the lights don't go on with just a flick of the light switch that banging the light switch for a few seconds could get those lights on (giving this time delay)?? (I'll have to play with light switches more).

I've always had interest in the light switch thing. However, I've never been lucid and consciously tried to make the light switch work using any will power. The only times I've tried to switch them on were when I was barely conscious of anything in the dream, so maybe if you're at a high enough level of lucidity, and your mind is as awake as possible, the light problem doesn't exist. Definitely worth further experimentation.

Another interesting experience:
Once when I became lucid I attempted to change it from night to day. It didn't work at all, and I think that's because I was expecting the transition to be instant. I tried this repeatedly and it didn't work. Eventually, instead of trying to make an instant change, I consciously turned the earth until it was day time! This was a much more gradual transition. You could see the stars disappearing and the sun coming up on the horizon. I think this is related to the light switch situation and is probably explained by the same mental phenomenon.

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 02 Apr 2015 16:45

Sometimes the things I wanted to happen in a dream happened without my thinking "I want to touch..."

It reminded me of an episode of the 1980's version of The Twilight Zone called, "The Toys of Caliban". A retarded young man has the power to bring pictures of things to life, just by saying the word, "Bring!", but sometimes he can do it without saying it. Unfortunately, it does not work with pictures of people, or seeing a puppy on TV and wanting it.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Apr 2015 07:39

I once got a fountain cup of Chocolate Soda. Not as good as it sounded. Not disgusting, but at the same time not good.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

DataTunnel

Postby DataTunnel » 06 Apr 2015 05:54

Guitar48300 wrote:I once got a fountain cup of Chocolate Soda. Not as good as it sounded. Not disgusting, but at the same time not good.

:lol: that mediocre chocolate soda sounds like it would go good with my extremely dry dream cookies

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”