Very new! Confused, intrigued, worried...

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Adsterrr

Very new! Confused, intrigued, worried...

Postby Adsterrr » 27 Mar 2015 08:23

Hey guys!
I'm at 22 year old student from the UK, and for the past three days, I have been lucid dreaming. By reading this forum, it seems amazing the things you can learn from it and how you can enhance your dreams to gain the most from them, however as I am so inexperienced, it is quite a weird, slightly scary experience for me.

I don't know why I have started having these dreams, nothing major has happened in my life lately, but for these past three days my dreams have been so intense, I've woken up within an hour and can't get back to sleep. I am so exhausted, and my brain feels so overworked - I think I have slept about six hours in three days.

Anyways, I'm curious to know about lucid dreaming and also interested in knowing if my dreams can be interpreted in any way, I'm really looking forward to hearing from you all!

jasmine2

Re: Very new! Confused, intrigued, worried...

Postby jasmine2 » 28 Mar 2015 01:24

Adsterrr,
Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you're having vivid dreams because you are entering a more expansive, creative period in your life.

Here are some interesting resources regarding lucid and non-lucid dreaming.
If I keep a dream journal consistently, my dreams often become more vivid, and I can recall longer dreams. I got a little carried away with this list, but I've had a long-term fascination with dreams.

(1) - Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

(2) - Here at this World Of Lucid Dreaming website, on top of Home page, click on "Articles" - compiled by Rebecca Turner

(3) Search - "The Lucid Dream Exchange - Articles" - dreaminglucid.com -
Also in left column, click "Interviews" and "Past Issues of LDE"

(4) - Website - jeremytaylor.com -
Click - Menu - Articles

(5) - Book - "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield

(6) - Website - mossdreams.blogspot.com - Robert Moss Blog

(7) Book - "Conscious Dreaming" by Robert Moss

(8) Search - "#90 - The Language Of Dreams With Robert Hoss" shrinkrapradio.com -
Choose podcast or transcript - (ctrl +) to enlarge text

(9) Website - dreamstudies.org - Ryan Hurd

(10)- YouTube - "The World Within - C. G. Jung In His Own Words"
posted by mattqatsi

YouTube - "Way Of Dream"- video 1 full, 2 full, 3 full, 4 full
Interviews with analyst, Marie-Louise von Franz, who was a close collaborator with psychiatrist Carl Jung. Introduction by analyst, Marion Woodman

- Best wishes - jasmine2

jasmine2

Re: Very new! Confused, intrigued, worried...

Postby jasmine2 » 28 Mar 2015 03:26

In my previous post suggesting resources about dreams, the YouTube video, "The World Within - C. G. Jung In His Own Words" is certainly informative, but I actually prefer the video series -

- "Carl Jung - The Wisdom Of The Dream" - Part 1 - "A Life Of Dreams"
- Part 2 - "Inheritance Of Dreams"
- Part 3 - "A World Of Dreams"
This video series is more inclusive and has more variety.

jasmine2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”