First lucid dreams after 3 days, WHY

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ajdrian

First lucid dreams after 3 days, WHY

Postby ajdrian » 27 Mar 2015 13:02

Hi, I don't know how this happened but it happened anyway. I started reading about lucid dreams and 3

days after I had my first lucid dreams (I was reading everyday). I had it in the morning and two days after

that also in the morning. I was also very excited about it. Is it the key ? Somehow I knew I'd have it, and I

remember that I wanted it very much because I wanted to know what sex is like in lucid dreams. Was it a

reason that advanced me into becoming lucid :?: Can any one explain to me why this happened and now

after two weeks of learning about it and performing reality checks nothing is happening. Best wishes to all

dream wanderers :ugeek:

taniaaust1

Re: First lucid dreams after 3 days, WHY

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2015 06:15

Intense desire can help at times get someone LD, also others factors can shift and change. Even possibly the moon phases could affect it. You may want to check up what moon phase it was when you had the 3 days in a row LDs.. quite possibly LD may happen easier during the full moon period, so was it then? .. while the dark moon (no moon period) can bring strange, experiences.

Or maybe you just started to doubt you could do it? Maybe you told yourself it should be harder then it was for you?? (when you decided you need to add reality checking etc. Some people don't need these things so if you started adding things when you were already being very successful, you may of sent the wrong message to your subconsciousness that you had to try for it rather then it being natural and easy for you to do). If someone new to this is having success, they probably shouldn't change much what they are doing.

or I'm wondering if you read something with your further reading which said this was hard and it could of influenced things negatively for you subconsciously.

I don't think any of us can tell you what it was in your case which has changed as there are too many things it could be.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ajdrian

Re: First lucid dreams after 3 days, WHY

Postby ajdrian » 29 Mar 2015 09:14

quite possibly LD may happen easier during the full moon period, so was it then?

I don't remember the exact date but it could have been full moon :idea:

Or maybe you just started to doubt you could do it? Maybe you told yourself it should be harder then it was for you??

I'm afraid it also may be the case. Even after I was successful I started performing reality checks right

away and over time I'm beginning to doubt in effectiveness of reality checks.

I think reality checks may be the problem, I'm a little anxious every day because I know in order to be

successful I have to do reality checks and I don't know if I'm doing them properly. Intitally, I felt like I

focused more on doing reality checks and later I was angry that doing them took so much effort and I

had to do them when there was no time because of working with people. Now, I don't put so much effort

in it and that's why I doubt doing them. For the first few days of checking if I'm dreaming or not I felt

that I questioned reality but now I don't have this feeling and It's even hard for me to create it. Is this

because I'm getting used to it and start making a habit why it feels so effortless or I'm getting

discouraged ?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”