WILD or?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
luckycloud

WILD or?

Postby luckycloud » 27 Mar 2015 14:27

Last night I discovered an amazing meditative breathing technique that maintains my awareness extremely well, so naturally I had a great meditation before I tried to have a lucid dream. I maintained the breathing exercise while I was trying to lull my body to sleep. The hypnogogia became psychedelic, but only for a minute or so. I readjusted myself because I was uncomfortable, but I then found myself in a sleep paralysis in the new position. Instead of trying to break the paralysis, I kept calm and maintained my focus on the breathing technique, and the next thing I know I'm inside of a dream!
In the dream it felt like I weighed 400 pounds, and it was nearly impossible to keep my eyes open. For some reason i was driving my car, and found in extremely difficult to work my feet enough to brake the car. Suddenly an officer is at the window and I mutter "hello" but he doest respond. His head had a strange duplicate half growing from his forehead as if he was glitching out, and I asked myself "Am I dreaming"? I knew I was but the question could only reassure me, because throughout this whole experience I was aware of my position in my bed. But after asking that question, the next thing I know, I'm awake in my bed at 12:23.
Sorry for the longer post, but I think I might be onto something and I want your guy's help!
Thank you!
-Make 1,2-

taniaaust1

Re: WILD or?

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2015 06:02

You were at the start of a WILD, moving into a dream but still feeling your physical body. Sometimes the transition over is slow, other times it can be an instant move fully into one.

Other times one can find themselves part in several mini dreams and transitioning back and forth between the two states before finally reaching a point in which one is completely in one. Just go with it and focus on the dreams you are having.

I asked myself "Am I dreaming"? I knew I was but the question could only reassure me, because throughout this whole experience I was aware of my position in my bed

Next time I suggest to ignore your bed and try to put all your focus onto the dream you are entering. You should quickly then move fully into it. Also put your focus on "I are dreaming" and tell yourself this. If you start to question when you know you are dreaming, it's likely to end up causing confusion in the dream and you could end up loosing the fact you are dreaming.

Breathing techniques can be great for WILD, I sometimes use them. I'm curious exactly which one you were using as some would be better then others and I'd love to study that. Could you please give me the details of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

luckycloud

Postby luckycloud » 30 Mar 2015 04:11

My Breathing Technique:

I begin the technique first while I'm meditating. I inhale, then on the exhale I count one. Then again, but two. Then three, and up to four. After four I return to one, that way the focus can always be drawn back to one. You could see "one" as the apex, or point of focus. Sometimes I like to think of the "one" as the number of the now, because the further on you count, the farther you get from the now, and the more your thoughts are likely to drift, or lead you astray from being fully present in one moment, UNTIL you're drawn back to one. Also, seeing as you're drawn to the focus of counting your breaths, it's the breaths that you're unintentionally focusing on, simply by counting. Whenever you feel your thoughts drifting away as you're counting, simply deny them at your door, and send your thoughts back to one.
It's a wonderful technique! It holds focus and attention better than anything else I've tried before, definitely recommend.
-Make 1,2-

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2015 07:38

luckycloud wrote:My Breathing Technique:

I begin the technique first while I'm meditating. I inhale, then on the exhale I count one. Then again, but two. Then three, and up to four. After four I return to one, that way the focus can always be drawn back to one. You could see "one" as the apex, or point of focus. Sometimes I like to think of the "one" as the number of the now, because the further on you count, the farther you get from the now, and the more your thoughts are likely to drift, or lead you astray from being fully present in one moment, UNTIL you're drawn back to one. Also, seeing as you're drawn to the focus of counting your breaths, it's the breaths that you're unintentionally focusing on, simply by counting. Whenever you feel your thoughts drifting away as you're counting, simply deny them at your door, and send your thoughts back to one.
It's a wonderful technique! It holds focus and attention better than anything else I've tried before, definitely recommend.

Thanks, that's a different breathing technique to what I do. The only counting one I've tried was counting back from 500 which didn't work as I got down to 1 with nothing happening at all, I think the counting backwards for me required my brain to work too hard to get to sleep.

I think I'll give this one a go as it sounds interesting to try.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”