Petition for our freedom

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Philosopher8659

Re: Petition for our freedom

Postby Philosopher8659 » 28 Mar 2015 21:59

Rocco1976 wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if there are folks with me who focus on freedom and not enslavemant.

Let us grow! Humanity:-)

Many greetings and Love

It depends on what you mean.
Some people believe that freedom is not doing one's own work, and most do not even know what their work is.
Everything that has a function, exists for that function. Aristotle.
Now, if you believe that the human mind has a biologically defined job to do,
Then freedom is doing one's own work.

The word freedom is a relative term and it is often used without any correlative making a sentence, concept, fragment.

Many people believe that human freedom is something someone can give to you or take from you, or that one is born with, however, the JCS, (Judeo-Christian Scripture) and human psychology both agree, it is something one has to work for. So, what do you mean?
And also, if you do not know what it is, and how it is attained, how in the world can you claim to believe in it?

So, were you taught to do your own work in school, or taught to follow the leader, i.e. not taught about freedom at all, but slavery?

I have been working for human freedom most of my life, however, I don't really see much interest in it:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=johnclark8659&sort=-publicdate

A person can only be free to the degree that they are capable of doing their own work.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 31 Mar 2015 00:19

Rocco1976 wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if there are folks with me who focus on freedom and not enslavement.

Let us grow! Humanity:-)

Many greetings and Love

Signed, yes, good is man's highest value and if one is not good one is automatically evil and in the camp of those you are slavers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends on what you mean...The word freedom is a relative term and it is often used without any correlative making a sentence, concept, fragment.

Freedom/Goodness is neither subjective nor relative. Goodness has always been discoverable by the human intellect as well as possible for any human to incarnated in their soul (meaning heart or mind). That mankind has always lied to itself and chosen evil is meaningless, A is always A, 2+2 always equal 4 and the distinction between Good and Evil is as stark, certain and absolute as that. I'll start a thread in the off topic revealing what good is and why it is man's ultimate and non-optional value.

Some people believe that freedom is not doing one's own work, and most do not even know what their work is.
Everything that has a function, exists for that function. Aristotle.
Now, if you believe that the human mind has a biologically defined job to do,
Then freedom is doing one's own work.

Nice strawman creation and false value. Arbeit machts frei was always a lie. Aaron Russo gave the true value and purpose of life "You have to stand up for what's right in life, unless you do that you're nothing". Rationality is man's second highest value and to be discover freedom or any virtue one must be rational and rationality is almost as rare as goodness in our world and for the same reasons that good does not exist.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 Mar 2015 02:16

Well refuted, Snaggle. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”