large hadron collider

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
dreamerinmiami

large hadron collider

Postby dreamerinmiami » 27 Mar 2015 22:42

They are going to turn on the LHC next week and try to detect black holes. If they are detected, it would prove different dimensions and parallel universes. Do you think that dreams/lucid dreams would be explored more because of this?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

Summerlander

Re: large hadron collider

Postby Summerlander » 28 Mar 2015 01:07

What? Black holes have already been detected. Their existence does not prove other dimensions or parallel universes either. Also, what the flipping heck does lucid dreaming have to do with this?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 28 Mar 2015 02:48

Its too much to explain, you would have to read up on it. I know black holes are dectected already. im talking about an experiment that is going to take place next week in Switzerland . If parallel universes are discovered, who's to say that dreams arent a gateway to that dimension?

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 28 Mar 2015 02:49

Theres a new theory called gravitys rainbow. Which would prove different dimensions. ....

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 28 Mar 2015 02:55

Google: Large hadron collider

buildit

Postby buildit » 28 Mar 2015 07:18

While the existence of other dimensions seems to certainly be a strong scientific possibility their effect on or likelihood of being effected by lucid dreams seems unlikely. Might be some great material for future lucid dreams though. I love science in my dreams. :mrgreen:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Mar 2015 11:34

It think you are misconstruing experiments involving quark-gluon plasma and how their sophistication could possibly allude to supersymmetric extentions of reality. A multiverse, given the nature of quantum mechanics, may well be the case, but we are yet to prove it.

"Gravity's Rainbow" is a novel full of metaphysics to overawe science-fiction fans. (Who are you trying to gull?) :-D

Lucid dreaming is a conscious phenomenon that arises in the brain as part of the cerebral software that also includes waking perception. You don't get to travel to other universes when you dream (that's right, no multidimensional man :mrgreen: ) and, if you were really into theoretical physics, you would know that such hypothetical universes have long decohered from our own--hence why our best clues can only be found at the roots of reality: quantum physics. 8-)

I believe I have opened a topic about this called "Quantum mechanical dream world" where I entertain the possibility that lucid dreaming is the colouring in of empty templates for worlds that never materialised in this reality. In essence, such hypothesis does not grant a real trip to different objective worlds, just a mental, and thus subjective, creation of what could have manifested, coupled with our subconscious baggage, and, as the illusion is unconstrained by physical laws, allowing absurdity, too, such as flying like Superman. (More like worlds that could never be!) :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 30 Mar 2015 02:35

buildit wrote:While the existence of other dimensions seems to certainly be a strong scientific possibility their effect on or likelihood of being effected by lucid dreams seems unlikely. Might be some great material for future lucid dreams though. I love science in my dreams. :mrgreen:
I love doing science in my dreams too. Im in a philosophical stage in my dreams.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:23

Summerlander wrote:It think you are misconstruing experiments involving quark-gluon plasma and how their sophistication could possibly allude to supersymmetric extentions of reality. A multiverse, given the nature of quantum mechanics, may well be the case, but we are yet to prove it.

"Gravity's Rainbow" is a novel full of metaphysics to overawe science-fiction fans. (Who are you trying to gull?) :-D

Lucid dreaming is a conscious phenomenon that arises in the brain as part of the cerebral software that also includes waking perception. You don't get to travel to other universes when you dream (that's right, no multidimensional man :mrgreen: ) and, if you were really into theoretical physics, you would know that such hypothetical universes have long decohered from our own--hence why our best clues can only be found at the roots of reality: quantum physics. 8-)

I believe I have opened a topic about this called "Quantum mechanical dream world" where I entertain the possibility that lucid dreaming is the colouring in of empty templates for worlds that never materialised in this reality. In essence, such hypothesis does not grant a real trip to different objective worlds, just a mental, and thus subjective, creation of what could have manifested, coupled with our subconscious baggage, and, as the illusion is unconstrained by physical laws, allowing absurdity, too, such as flying like Superman. (More like worlds that could never be!) :-)

Fair enough... i agree to an extent, i have to study quantum physics more To get a better grasp at the whole thing.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:26

dreamerinmiami wrote:
Summerlander wrote:It think you are misconstruing experiments involving quark-gluon plasma and how their sophistication could possibly allude to supersymmetric extentions of reality. A multiverse, given the nature of quantum mechanics, may well be the case, but we are yet to prove it.

Fair enough... i agree to an extent, i have to study quantum physics more To get a better grasp on the whole thing.

Return to “Dream Science”